Chuck.....you're killing me!!!

Zigga

Long Time Member
I would love to hear where Chuck Adams is hunting. I can't find anywhere that tells where he hunts. He killed another monster in Montana when I haven't even seen elk that big in the Park, behind a fence or from a helicopter. My question's include; what unit? private or public land? what are the odds for these "special" tags? are these elk on supplements? are there any other hunting competition around? and how much $?
Is anyone else wondering the same thing? I have a tremendous amount of respect for "Professional Hunters" but lets hear a little more information....PLEASE!

I have a few friends at the WA Dept of Fish and Wildlife, they say that very large donations to the dept. will get you a long way towards finding a monster. I'm not saying that Chuck does this, but the Game Dept. usually knows (via arial surveys and field info) where the biggest critters are. A sizeable donation could help to access this information and assist with getting the proper tags. Some of the biggest bulls in our state have been taken as the result of tips from the Game Dept. Sometimes, if you find the right officer, you can get some of this info for free. Just my .02
Eric
Bird-01.gif

i guess you got to pay to play these days. I used to have the real estate page for the ranch he shot the first record on, i hope it never gets out because every frickin out of stater will be lined up at the gates with their QUAD fatboy machines.

It's pretty easy to find out where record book animals come from - Buy the pope and young record book. You can join P&Y and B&C and you'll get quarterly updates with record entries. All entries list the county it was killed in. Rosebud county is where the WR came from along with some of his other big bulls. Colstrip Montana to narrow it down for you. Private land ranch, and most of that area is private in looking at the BLM map.

Myself, I would rather take a good bull on public land than a giant on some private ranch that cost money.

Rather get a bull on public land?

Not me, I'd rather hunt exactly where chuck hunts. It's still a challenging hunt and a world record bull ain't no stupid bull. They have been hunted before for sure. If you look at how he does his research it's using record books in part. Big animals lead to more big animals.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-06-03 AT 10:28PM (MST)[p]Back in the late 60's my granddad sold a small ranch right is the middle of the hills that the elk live in by Coalstrip. We still have some of the mineral rights on the place. Do you think I could claim some of the Calcium and Phosphorus in those hills. The aria is all private land and real hard to get on unless you have alot of cash.

Antlerradar

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom