Cicadas on the Green?

grizzmoose

Very Active Member
Anyone been on the Green River below Flaming Gorge lately? Im hearing the cicadas are back really strong this year. Im planning a trip up there in a coupla weeks and wanted to hear what is going on. Any input appreciated.

-Travis

Well down here in South Texas the Cicada's are in full swing and loud as hell. Can hardly sleep at night it is so deffening.

Hey Grizz, I would assume they are, as we've been hearing them on the Middle Provo for the past week.....

I know of people that gather these and fry them. They say they are actually pretty tasty. Never tried them myself, but that is what I have heard. I hear they also cover them in chocolate. But never actually seen any. Pretty crazy huh? Anyone ever hear about this?

This California boy wishes he was fishing the Green River right below the spillway at Flamming Gorge. I love that place! You catch browns, bows, and insane Kokanee. Nothing better than cranking up some Johnny Cash, fire up the hibachi, and catch fish all day!

Good luck!

Those cicadas otherwise known as locusts in SE New Mexico have been almost totally wiped out. The fishermen including myself around here discovered they are great catfish bait prior to their molting (getting their wings). Over a 2-3 year period in the summer months, we'd stumble around elm trees at night and grab them before they'd climb up the trees. I would get a 5 quart buckett full of them and head to the lake. Eventually, they were gone and I haven't even heard any the last two years. Spread that info around next year and people will catch on and you won't be hearing them much longer.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom