Cinnamon Apple Pie Bread

Blank

Long Time Member
Started a new garden spot this year, and only put in 2 zucchini plants. Didn't get enough off them to eat fresh, plus make a freezer full of zucchini bread.

I played around this morning, and made a couple cinnamon apple pie filling loaves to try. I think this one might be a winner. Thinking the next ones might need to get pecans or walnuts for a little crunch too!

C62430DE-F00A-496C-878E-53766635A8C8_1_201_a.jpeg

04F65702-6A9F-4B1A-A65F-356B60C6242C_1_201_a.jpeg

Foolproof. Even a lazy old fat caveman like me can do it!!!

One can apple pie filling
1 pkg yellow or vanilla cake mix
4 eggs
1 cup self-rising flour ( can use AP, just add 1 teaspoon baking powder)
1 TBSP cinnamon
One medium chopped apple, 1/4” pieces
*Optional - one cup of chopped pecans or walnuts

Whisk all the dry ingredients together
Mix all the wet ingredients, and add to dry
Fold in the chopped apples
Pour into two greased loaf pans
Sprinkle more sugar and cinnamon on top
Bake at 325 degrees for 35-45 minutes, test with toothpick

Hell, I can't keep a neighbor more than 12 months. With the current housing bubble, they are going up 18-20% a year, and every body keeps selling. The kids next door listed theirs for 319K last year, and it sold in 2 days. Zillow lists it 12 months later for 426K. Crazy times we live in anymore.

Started a new garden spot this year, and only put in 2 zucchini plants. Didn't get enough off them to eat fresh, plus make a freezer full of zucchini bread.

I played around this morning, and made a couple cinnamon apple pie filling loaves to try. I think this one might be a winner. Thinking the next ones might need to get pecans or walnuts for a little crunch too!

View attachment 56669

View attachment 56670
Blank
when I make zucchini bread I fold some Raspberries into the dough right before I put them in the loaf pan. It kinda spreads them into the dough and is awfully tasty......
Your cinnamon bread does look like a winner I'll try it.

That sounds really good too. Never thought about adding other fruit to the zucchini bread. Have to try it. The great thing about zucchini bread is we can process and grind all the zukes with the food processor, then freeze in packages for the entire year.

My other downfall is banana bread, but amped up a bit. I am a sucker for cream cheese coffee cake and Danish's, so I make the banana bread with a cream cheese filling all swirled thru it. Like having cheesecake for breakfast!!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom