Cleaning my breach plug

Servehim

Very Active Member
Looking for some wisdom on the best solvent and techniques to clean my CVA breach plug guys . Also after how many shots using 777 do you recommend I pull it and clean it. Thanks in advance for your guys help.

Can use carb and choke cleaner if it's real fouled with carbon. Soak in dish soap and water then run some pipe cleaners in it.
I'm just an amateur though

I just fill a cup with hot tap water and a couple drops of dish soap, then let it soak for 10-15 minutes while cleaning everything else. Use a brush on the threads and a Q-tip or pipe cleaner on the inside. Cleans up pretty easy.

Sounds simple enough, reason I asked this is i had a heck of a time removing my breach plug after shooting a couple days ago. Probably my fault as I shot @15 rounds through it . Thought that I might have not had it clean enough prior to my range time. Lesson learned, I won't put that many rounds through it again without pulling and cleaning the plug. Appreciate the response guys.

Yes on the grease, no on pulling the plug right after shooting. I'm learning. Took vise grips to remove that and had never had a problem before.

I remove the breach plug after every few shots and run a patch down the barrel, maybe wipe the plug off with a cloth, then clean the plug thoroughly at the end of the shooting session. Have some breach plug cleaner solvent you soak it in, but have heard hot water and soap work pretty good also.

Even with grease, they can seize up. I learned the hard way too. You can shoot as many rounds as you want, like mentioned above, just take the wrench and back the plug off half a turn while the barrel is still warm.

Even with grease, they can seize up. I learned the hard way too. You can shoot as many rounds as you want, like mentioned above, just take the wrench and back the plug off half a turn while the barrel is still warm.
No need to overtighten the breechplug. Just leave them snug and crack-loose the plug every 3-4 shots using hot powders like 777.

Main thing is to keep it's flame hole open for tip-top ignition.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom