Clinton's Answer/Global Warming

larrbo

Very Active Member
I read this online today:

Power, pop, and probings from ABC News Senior National Correspondent Jake Tapper

Bill: "We Just Have to Slow Down Our Economy" to Fight Global Warming
January 31, 2008 9:26 AM

Former President Bill Clinton was in Denver, Colorado, stumping for his wife yesterday.

In a long, and interesting speech, he characterized what the U.S. and other industrialized nations need to do to combat global warming this way: "We just have to slow down our economy and cut back our greenhouse gas emissions 'cause we have to save the planet for our grandchildren."

At a time that the nation is worried about a recession is that really the characterization his wife would want him making? "Slow down our economy"?

I don't really think there's much debate that, at least initially, a full commitment to reduce greenhouse gases would slow down the economy?.So was this a moment of candor?

Where did you find that I read the text of his speech in Magness Arena in Denver and couldn't find that anywhere in the speech. Its possible I missed it, post the link if you would please. I would certainly be interested in that.

I have said on this forum in the past that Hillary's downfall will come from within her own party. I never expected it to be her own husband. That is twice he open his mouth and put his foot and her election in it.

RELH

LMAO, its offical, Bill dont want here to be Pres. LOL Kind of obvious isnt it.

Jake H. MM Member since 1999.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom