Cmon founder

hornkiller

Long Time Member
Let's see the pics!
hornkiller.jpg

Anybody know what He Charged Himself for the GPS Coordinates?:D

[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U. in My Future,Ya She's got a
way with Words[/font]

He shot the buck that was my favorite he posted. Can't wait to see him now and find out his beam lengths.

Congrats

Super happy to have success!!!!

I'm working on my video right now to share, but here are pics of the buck. So stoked I am. I was planning to go under a knife a couple weeks ago and thought for sure I was done hunting for the year.
I had found this buck scouting this summer. His width is really what got me hooked. Bucks with that kind of main frame width are very rare.
The night before opening morning, right at dark, he showed himself on the same sidehill where I saw him scouting. I was a bit surprised, because my hunt was after archery and muzzy hunters had been all over the place. But, none-the-less, there he was!
Didn't see him again until morning of day 3. Couldn't get a shot, but then day 4, I spotted him right at daylight before he bedded, then after 7 hours of trying to get setup for a shot I felt great about, I got it done. Can't even tell you how excited I was to get him. You'll have to watch the video clip when I get it uploaded and posted. I was even able to get the shot on video. Pretty cool.
Over the past few years I've found some big ones and haven't been able to get it done. Feels good to find one scouting and then go in and hunt him down and have success.

773355.jpg

287742.jpg

574111.jpg

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

wow, that is an awesome buck, congrats!! Happy to see you were able to get a hunt together and it paid off!

I am going to say this right now and you can quote me on any future "score this buck thread" I don't know crap about scoring truly big bucks 185+.... seeing that live pic and kill shot no way would I have guessed he was that wide/big!
:D

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

No brows and weak backs, why did you shoot him? :)

Stud deer for sure, congrats!

I rough scored him at 201 in my head (is his inside spread greater than MB length?), curious to his measurements, looks to be close to all-time book. Not that it really matters, just something to talk about.

Congrats. Well deserved for sure, you put a lot of time and miles on to find him and to actually be able to go back and get him is a heck of an accomplishment. Congrats again, can't wait to see the video.

Awesome buck! I could care less about the score, but tell us the width (I measure outside spread!)

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Taker for sure! Great buck Founder! It's always awesome when scouting and hunting adds up to a success picture like this one did for you!

I just watched the video. Hellavu shot. Dang good hunting. Dang fine buck. Really cool video. Thanks for sharing.

Holly hot tomato paste, what a great main frame. Super Great congrats,

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

33" Wow! Knew he had to beat 30".

How is your back??? I have had those same injections in my back and neck and so far no surgery, hope you can avoid it too. Cool story, video, and buck!

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

>No brows and weak backs, why
>did you shoot him? :)
>
>
>Stud deer for sure, congrats!
>
>I rough scored him at 201
>in my head (is his
>inside spread greater than MB
>length?), curious to his measurements,
>looks to be close to
>all-time book. Not that
>it really matters, just something
>to talk about.

CULL BUCK!

What a freaking stud! Glad you were able to get up there, it makes it that much sweeter! He'll go well with your collection.

Congrats man

This is an amazing animal.
Respect!!!!!
Nice work.
And thanks for posting a video so we could go on the hunt with you. There are very few people if any that put in the work that you do to find big bucks.

What a beautiful buck - congrats!! I also loved the video - great job catching the shot on video and doing it solo.

Thanks all. If you want to see the video clip, here it is below.

This buck is one of only two now that I have with a main frame width of 32-inch plus. I have others that are wider from cheater to cheater, but only one other that has a frame this wide. The first was about 30 years ago. 30 years for another, that's how rare wide frames are for me. So, combined with the fact that I found him scouting, then almost couldn't hunt because of my back, he'll go down as one of my finest trophies.

Score and width .... I just did a good measure job and it comes to 191-7/8. 188 frame and the extra is 3-7/8. He's 32-7/8 inches wide from G4 to G4. The extra would add to width and put him at about 34 inches wide if in a box like they used to do in the old big buck contests at the sporting goods store.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

Awesome buck he looks every bit of 33" if not wider. Those of you who find a pre-season trophy and stick with it until it happens have my respect. Congrats to founder.

Ahhh can you say drone!!! Just razzin. Founder is a big buck killin SOB! One of the few that consistently knocks down stud bucks the true public land DIY way. Happy for you bud, much respect.

Founder,
A serious congrats to you on one of your best bucks. Wide bucks are indeed rare, as you said. My hat's off to you. Your patience and knowledge of buck behavior are inspiring. You bring a lot to this pursuit of monster mule deer- thanks for sharing your adventures!

Robby Denning

Congrats...awesome story, video, and buck....great memories....really enjoyed your presentation...doesn't get much better that your hunt...thanks for sharing...

))))------->

Any Chance I could get one a few inches smaller than this one?

[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U. in My Future,Ya She's got a
way with Words[/font]

You put in the time and was rewarded with a Awesome buck,
That EXTRA MILE pays off.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Thinks for the info. I always try and quiz myself on these videos you post. This is the first time I have got to check my answers. Thanks a bunch for sharing and congrats again.

Brian,
I really admire the way you stuck with that buck. Closing the distance to a sure range is classy hunting in my book! I have always thought highly of your hunting skills, but this hunt elevated my respect for who you are and how you play the game.
Congratulations Brian. Second Season CO bucks just don't get any better.

Congratulations Brian!!!
Glad you were able to get out and hunt.
That is an impressive buck and well deserved. Way to get it done!

Congratulations Founder that's a beauty! I'm also glad that epidural injection worked for you. I've had a couple over the years and it's like a miracle. My back was telling me to quit trying to be a hero and use my head instead of my back. It took a long time but I finally listened. :)

Sweet Jesus! Out of all the bucks I have seen on here this season, this one is my favorite! Founder, Congratulations, your hard work paid off. And hunting with that bad back, you earned it.

Congrats Founder, what a buck!

It may take some effort on your part, but you should really start a post with all of your bucks in chronological order. It would be great to have a look at all of them in one spot.

Maybe include year, state, and score. Understanding that some years you killed multiple bucks, and some years none at all.

You've possibly already done this, maybe I just need to search...

Not to bad for an old man with a broken back, broken neck, kicked in the head by a horse and still hunting.

LOL. That's funny. Getting older is hard at times. Oh, and walking up too closely behind a wild horse.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

Well done! It sure is good to see someone put the time in year after year and have very good success. You have gotten yourself a great collection of trophies. Again, great job.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom