C'mon Ling Fisherman!

Longun

Long Time Member
The 14th and15th and 16th is the Annual Labarge Ding a Ling Tournament..Lots of Cash Prizes and the entry fee is 40.00 per team. Can have up to 4 people on a team..They have a website and entree fee registration online also. Fishing is at Fontenelle Resivoir.

Our Ling dingin' was a bust..caught zero..but we caught 3 nice rainbows on Sat. quite a few fisherman but few fish caught..think it was alittle two early and the Ling weren't spawning yet..
Did anybody try herring?

Fun fish to catch. Fished for them in Alaska a lot. Used to go out at 2 am and fish all night with glow in dark rudder jigs tipped with cut bait in 40ft of water. Even caught one on my underwater camera taking the jig cool to see them come in. Anything under 20in was released not enough meat on those guys.

I was wondering myself.
Do yall eat these?
Only fresh water cod really good eating. Skin them and boil the meat in sugar water dip in melted butter. They are called poor mans lobster, and taste just like it. Don't get these confused with bowfin looks the same but bowfin have a dot on its tail.

Only fresh water cod really good eating. Skin them and boil the meat in sugar water dip in melted butter. They are called poor mans lobster, and taste just like it. Don't get these confused with bowfin looks the same but bowfin have a dot on its tail.
That is the second yime I heard about boiling cod I sugar water. I would like to try that

One of these years I will join the Ding the ling... This year we have Hockey in Laramie. We catch a few every year in Boysen. Good to eat, unique fish, very tasty...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom