Cmon sheep

MIG

Pretty much my whole life applying throughout the us to chase these beautiful creatures. Anyone veery gotten lucky?????

Drew Oregon as a resident in 2015

FB_IMG_1491872367181.jpg

Sittin on 17 points and surely not counting on anything!
Very cool Extrapale! Looks like a bonus find to put with the mount.
That's awesome

Nice rams all round, and some very lucky guys! I'm still hoping for my NV tags to come in....;)

My son got a desert tag in 2013 in CA with 6 points.

Lol, I shot him good enough the first time (a little far back but in the rib cage). But, I was so freaked out about losing an OIL animal, I shot twice more as he was bouncing up the rocks, missing him completely (probably due to the fact that he was bouncing up the rocks). I told myself to pull it together and wait for him to stop, my last shot thumped him hard behind the shoulder and he immediately bedded. I could see blood pouring over the rock he was on that let me know I was good. I have learned, when in doubt, get another arrow in.

Lol. I figured there was a good story behind an empty quiver. Would be tough to watch an oil walk away. I'd have launched all my arrows too. And then probably started throwing rocks....

Great rams everyone. Like seeing all the success photos. Getting excited about my Utah hunt ram this year.
Bill

I have in the low 20's + BPs for all 3 of the sheep in the state as a resident. Sometimes I wish I was a non resident applying for these same tags. I would have drawn by now

Mickeyelk? There are tags you have a GREAT CHANCE of drawing. Alot less if your only going for the top units.
Non resident at best with MAX points is less than 5%

I have in the low 20's + BPs for all 3 of the sheep in the state as a resident. Sometimes I wish I was a non resident applying for these same tags. I would have drawn by now

How was your NV mountain goat hunt? Don't think too many NR are pulling those. And I don't think you would have drawn Rockies as a NR....

How was your NV mountain goat hunt? Don't think too many NR are pulling those. And I don't think you would have drawn Rockies as a NR....
True. Almost didnt apply for the goat tag last year. Got him on day 17 of my hunt. Just figured after 23 bps for desert I would at least have drawn one by now. Rocky. Who knows!

Lol. Well appreciate what you have had opportunity on. There are residents with more points than 23 that are still waiting for their chance. I'm not being rude by any means but a nv goat tag is pretty good luck....

Great Rams everyone. I was hesitant about putting any of my Ram pictures out before the draws for I don’t like to have Rams running around my head for two months only to find an unsuccessful notice in my in box. Well I was sure I would draw Colorado Sheep tag this year, but no! Next I was really hoping to draw another Nevada Sheep tag so I am waiting for the draw. Well Idaho draws came out on Friday, I was so excited my wife drew a really good Moose Tag and totally unexpected when I looked up my name on Idaho website and there under Selected was My California Bighorn Sheep Tag. Now I will dig out the old pictures and try to get them posted. Good luck to you all in the draws and on your hunts!

A Moose and Sheep in the same year is lotto luck!!
You'd best hit the stairmaster to keep up with that schedule!
Congratulations.

Great Rams everyone. I was hesitant about putting any of my Ram pictures out before the draws for I don’t like to have Rams running around my head for two months only to find an unsuccessful notice in my in box. Well I was sure I would draw Colorado Sheep tag this year, but no! Next I was really hoping to draw another Nevada Sheep tag so I am waiting for the draw. Well Idaho draws came out on Friday, I was so excited my wife drew a really good Moose Tag and totally unexpected when I looked up my name on Idaho website and there under Selected was My California Bighorn Sheep Tag. Now I will dig out the old pictures and try to get them posted. Good luck to you all in the draws and on your hunts!

what unit in Idaho did you draw sheep ?

That's the second season, correct? I had a buddy draw the first season a couple of years ago. I went scouting with him, it's a tough unit to get around in because of the wilderness area. You gotta park and walk to the edge a lot which could be a mile or more each time you park, then a mile or 2 back to the truck, then repeat multiple times each day. You can only see a little of the canyon each time you do that so you have to repeat a lot. He did shoot a pretty nice ram though!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom