CO 44 Deer

bigsky2

My dad cashed in his deer points this year and drew second season in 44. I know the unit isn't what it once was, but he wants to swing for the fences and he thought 44 gave him as good of a chance at a really big buck as anywhere. We know its going to be a tough hunt, especially during 2nd season, and we are willing to go home empty handed if we don't find something special. That being said, I was hoping to hear from anyone that has hunted the unit in the past. Any general advice, areas to check out, etc. With the way management is going in CO, point creep, etc. this will likely be our last deer hunt down there so we're hoping to make the most out of it. Feel free to PM me. We are from Montana and I'd be happy to exchange info about hunting MT. Thanks in advance

Jess

All I can say is you are in luck as this years second season is as late as some previous 3rd seasons. So if lucky and get a little weather you might do well.

I hunted 44 probably 6 years ago, I hunted 4th season so there were a few other hunters but not big numbers of guys around. Was a great experience and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Use your spotting scope and don't be afraid to get off the roads to search for good deer.

Good Luck Jess,

I'll be there the 3rd season looking for a mature Muley. I've gotten some help from some great people in this forum. Right now I'm just looking for the right place to stay and possibly some private land to access. Everyone says to pray for a little snow and have something you can get around in.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom