CO bugle report?

COLOelkman

Very Active Member
From what I've read, most areas don't seem to be very active yet. I've been very early and just returned from S Central area. 1st couple days heard a few late afternoon, and this weekend we heard 2 bugles on 1 of the 3 mornings but not very responsive. Friends heard a few bugles a week ago in the Central part of the State. What's everyone else hearing and what part of the State?

i heard good bugling 2 out of the 9 nights i backpacked muzzleloader deer camp. heard a couple / few per night two other nights. saw a bull and herd while hiking in, a nice raghorn, two spikes and herd and bull way far away opening day. only bugles i really heard during shooting hours were friday sept 18 til about half an hour after shooting hours began. Central part of state

I just got back from muzzy season and have the privilege of hunting un-harassed elk on private. This year they were not very active compared to years past. No bugling during the day, not territorial and seem to be getting more rutty each day but just not there yet. I think the archers who stay after it could be rewarded this year.

Rich

I just got back from muzzy season and have the privilege of hunting un-harassed elk on private. This year they were not very active compared to years past. No bugling during the day, not territorial and seem to be getting more rutty each day but just not there yet. I think the archers who stay after it could be rewarded this year.

Rich
What general part of the State? I'm headed back to S Central tomorrow hoping things start to kick in.

Smoked my best bull to date yesterday morning. My Dad brought him by me glunking, and growling every step he took. He rattled my skeleton as he was screaming at my Dads bugles. One arrow at 15 yards and the work began. Sore, but ready for more!

Smoked my best bull to date yesterday morning. My Dad brought him by me glunking, and growling every step he took. He rattled my skeleton as he was screaming at my Dads bugles. One arrow at 15 yards and the work began. Sore, but ready for more!
Let’s see it

Congrats Bocephus! Let's see a photo of your bull.

Hawkeye

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom