CO Draw #2

Paul_Crawford

Long Time Member
Ok, I did get a LITTLE positive feedback from #1, but mostly just got thrown under the bus. However, ice cold Budweiser fixes that.

I didn't realize most states charged for a small game license.

I was surprised nobody commented on the $100 for a preference point. You guys don't think that is a bit much? Please just answer the question. I don't need any more verbal abuse.

PC

It's a lot of money. It's not without precedent, as WY charges $150 per point for sheep and moose. Colorado is certainly one of the most expensive states to apply in now if you opt to pay for the points when you apply.

100 is steep for a preference point for those that already have the base points and weighted points. I don't think it matters much once you get past 7 weighted points as far as chances of drawing the tag, unless they change the weight of those points in the future.

I think it's about right though for those trying to get into the game and get past the base points.

Cheers- Dave

LAST EDITED ON May-26-19 AT 09:16AM (MST)[p]I opted out of the $100 point fee on sheep. I had max points, and couldn't see how another weighted point would make that much of a statistical difference in the non resident draw. Received the same result in the 25+ previous year's draws: unsuccessful.

>They keep increasing the costs cause
>we keep paying. Not that
>I'm stopping anytime soon.

Long and short of it right here. Supply and demand as they will go as high as we are willing to pay

When and if the day comes that they are charging $100 for a deer and elk point , that will be the day the boys and myself call it quits at least in Colorado anyway.

>When and if the day comes
>that they are charging $100
>for a deer and elk
>point , that will be
>the day the boys and
>myself call it quits at
>least in Colorado anyway.

It's a cash cow, CP&W is becoming a large government bureaucracy that goes thru money like chit thru a goose. I predict in 2yrs all pp's will cost something.

#livelikezac

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom