CO elk 76 2nd rifle

DonVathome

Very Active Member
I have enough points. I have heard the second hunt is really tough and the fact that as a NR I can draw it with only 13 points seems to support that theory. I am willing to hire someone to pack me in.

What are your thoughts on this hunt? I am looking for a 300 bull.

try Sammy Fraser of Fraser outfitting.

Also look at the Colorado outfitter association. They have a list of guides by unit. Lots of them do pack ins.

How come no one ever posts about ‘ I have enough points for Montana or New Mexico or where ever and UNIT ... ?
???
Just asking for a friend.

Alot of those elk get pushed out of the unit to the SW by 2nd season. Im sure there is still alot of resident elk around. Please don't crucify me for my comments. Good advice to get local guided or non guided advice. Like you said 13pts should tell u something. I dont think you need a pack in 2nd but 300 would be trophy im thinking.

If you use an outfitter mentioned I think 300 is very possible. On your own for second season would be a little tougher but still doable but as mentioned would probably be on the top side of expectations. If weather stays good I think you would still see a lot of elk.

Fraizer does not want to do drop camps for second rifle, to risky me getting stuck in. I have hunted 76 archery in 2007. I know the terrain. It is high and rough. I cannot blame an outfitter for not wanting to risk a nightmare to make a couple grand. He was my go to I have met him and talked to him before. Ironically I ran into him in 52 NM hunting elk years ago.

I also remember I think it was Jake Powel? He has killed the CO big 8 something like 3x with a bow? He guided there. He might have been Rio Grand outfitters.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom