CO leftover watch app defunct?

txhunter58

Long Time Member
This year I would be interested in an app like this as I am too busy to refresh all day/week. But the website seems dead and states the online name has expired.
Anyone know if this will be back up this year? Or if not a good alternative?

I was wondering does the left over list continue to get new tag up to the application dead line of july 7 and after that draw is it back to the usual method of first come

I was wondering does the left over list continue to get new tag up to the application dead line of july 7 and after that draw is it back to the usual method of first come

No. The second draw list is what it is. The first draw payment deadline was the 19th.

The app worked for me last year. There are a lot of people looking for the best tags and they go quick. I believe the people in the actual offices are beating the app but I watched the app and the only info and it was just about instantaneous. That being said...I could not get the best tags that I wanted. They were gone before I could check out. Even when watching online.

If they do eliminate the Bots that were purchasing the tag in your name as soon as the tag became available, then his app should be valuable again.
Certainly beats me trying to check multiple times per day.

“DIY hunts” has one as well but it is $40

I am not looking for a rare tag. First rifle elk in OTC unit or maybe a cow tag.

I spoke to him about a week ago. He’s not hiding out, just very busy with a lot of things right now. The CPW commission will be discussing potential changes to the reissue process at the July meeting. Until they figure out what they are doing, it’s impossible to say what will be available for phone apps. FWIW, I’ve picked up 3 reissue tags using the app.

I spoke to him about a week ago. He’s not hiding out, just very busy with a lot of things right now. The CPW commission will be discussing potential changes to the reissue process at the July meeting. Until they figure out what they are doing, it’s impossible to say what will be available for phone apps. FWIW, I’ve picked up 3 reissue tags using the app.

Can you elaborate on what changes they are discussing? or provide a link? Just curious.

I know one thing that's been asked for, is to forego the requirement to travel to a CPW office in order to purchase a re-issued license, for which the season is already underway. That's a common scenario for many of the highest-demand licenses. Have no idea whether this will make their agenda in July or not.

Or better yet release those tags before the season starts. There were tags last year that came out with one or two days left in the season. There were also tags that hit the list after the season was over. With the rule of having to turn it in 30 days before there is no reason those tags can't go out before their respective seasons.

Can you elaborate on what changes they are discussing? or provide a link? Just curious.
There is no specific information available right now, and it probably won't be available until about 10 days before the meeting. What I have heard is that for the short term (2020) they are considering whether to go back to a set time each week or day for the release of reissue licenses, as well as was mentioned above, allowing internet sales of reissue licenses after the season has begun. Over the longer term, they might be looking at a more equitable distribution of the reissue licenses, and I don't want to speculate about what that might look like before I hear it from a CPW source.

I've always been suspicious that someone is using some software to grab tags so fast in the Aug leftover list.

I have a fast computer and internet connection and i've never been able to get a tag that was worth hunting.

I believe there is probably some inside info. I also believe the computer system updates every 5 min. That’s what I saw the last two years. Even if you have a super fast internet connection you are up to 5 min behind.

Exactly. I think someone figured out a way to see the tags before they show up on the website.

Of course they did and they charge a premium for it. I also think it's odd the super premium tags aren't posting until after the season starts which means you have to buy them in person yet they are disappearing at a super fast rate. I find it odd someone can see it, drive to an office and have it purchased in under a couple minutes

The app worked great for us last year, but like others stated, we weren’t after premium tags either. I sure hope he’s running it again!

Or better yet release those tags before the season starts. There were tags last year that came out with one or two days left in the season. There were also tags that hit the list after the season was over. With the rule of having to turn it in 30 days before there is no reason those tags can't go out before their respective seasons.

You can still turn it in with less than 30 days. You just need medical proof or you lose your points and your $.

Right but I know most of those premium tags are returned early so they retain their points
Yeah but then they got to offer it to the next 5 guys in line, plus give them time to ponder the options and respond, then get it loaded on the list at a random time. It could easily eat up that 30 days if guys wait to the last minute to turn it in.

I've read about some other apps or services that are supposedly much more expensive and they buy the tags for you immediately when they come in so you don't even have to log in do it yourself. Is anyone familiar with any of these services? Would be interested in gathering more info to see if it might be worth it.

I've read about some other apps or services that are supposedly much more expensive and they buy the tags for you immediately when they come in so you don't even have to log in do it yourself. Is anyone familiar with any of these services? Would be interested in gathering more info to see if it might be worth it.

Rumor is CPW has installed something called CAPTCHA (sp?) that renders those apps ineffective.

It would be nice if the tags only appeared one day per week or maybe every day but only once per day, but I guess if there would also be a lot more people going after them in those situtions.

It would be nice if the tags only appeared one day per week or maybe every day but only once per day, but I guess if there would also be a lot more people going after them in those situtions.
I prefer the current system over the one time a week system they tried a few years ago. The system crashed every Tuesday and it was impossible to get anything.

If they can fix the issue of computers buying the tags then the current system is great. You just got to invest the time into it.

Does anyone have actual evidence that someone has developed a program or not that buys the tags that quickly?

Form Autocomplete is already a thing. The inserting of Google Re-Captcha alone, will only slow down the process by the amount of time it takes to manually satisfy Re-Captcha....maybe a few seconds? What's needed is page coding for the Buy-License pages that dis-allows any browser autocomplete or other autocomplete application. Whether the CPW would want to go to that much re-coding effort is the question....

Does anyone have actual evidence that someone has developed a program or not that buys the tags that quickly?

Founder they were on rokslide last year. FYI it was 2000 for this service and apparently they were selling subscriptions. I guess it's a small price for guys pulling 15-20 point tags or the few ram tags that have hit the list

Founder they were on rokslide last year. FYI it was 2000 for this service and apparently they were selling subscriptions. I guess it's a small price for guys pulling 15-20 point tags or the few ram tags that have hit the list
But it was for sure a bot or program they were using and not just doing it manually?

Yeah the guy wrote a code that automatically entered your info and purchased the tag instantaneously the minute it hit the list. I believe his program was checking the list every 5 seconds also so it never missed anything. That was one of the problems last year with the Colorado watch app. Before his update his program would go one or two updates before it alerted on a tag by then it was too late. The coding isn't that hard myself and one of my I.T. guys from work are working on one that will bypass captcha if CPW even implements it. He says it's now possible to bypass captcha procedures on programs.

I wonder how Covid-19 and potential travel and work restrictions will affect turn in tags inside 30 days this year? If you feel symptoms, you are supposed to isolate, even if it turns out to be a common cold. Do you hide your symptoms and just go? Has CO thought about a more liberal turn in policy or do they want potentially Covid-19 sick people coming in from out of state and to hunt (and visit restaurants, stores, motels. )?

I wonder how Covid-19 and potential travel and work restrictions will affect turn in tags inside 30 days this year? If you feel symptoms, you are supposed to isolate, even if it turns out to be a common cold. Do you hide your symptoms and just go? Has CO thought about a more liberal turn in policy or do they want potentially Covid-19 sick people coming in from out of state and to hunt (and visit restaurants, stores, motels. )?

Most of us ain't skeered. Send it!

Yeah the guy wrote a code that automatically entered your info and purchased the tag instantaneously the minute it hit the list. I believe his program was checking the list every 5 seconds also so it never missed anything. That was one of the problems last year with the Colorado watch app. Before his update his program would go one or two updates before it alerted on a tag by then it was too late. The coding isn't that hard myself and one of my I.T. guys from work are working on one that will bypass captcha if CPW even implements it. He says it's now possible to bypass captcha procedures on programs.

I hope you are unsuccessful

So, it’s a little over 2 weeks till the first reissue tags come out. Any word if this app will work this year?

I downloaded the app and tried to pay for a membership. Didn’t do anything when I clicked pay for membership??

Hmmmm......
I'm not sure why they won't do it again this year. I don't believe anything has changed with how they plan to issue the reissue tags.

I have it on pretty good authority that he will not be doing the app this year. As to people he charged already, word is he will get on here in the near future and let us know how that will be handled

Really???
WTH?
I’ve renewed already!!
Anyway...
Are there any other resources out there? I know the reissue is on a fairly regular schedule (not), but I just don’t have the capacity to take advantage!
Is what it is I guess???
I’m sure everyone wants there advantage, but any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks;(

It’s a joke, I have used it the last two seasons and have all of my login and cc info saved and it auto populates. The delay and the bots have every tag gone before you get the alert.

It’s a joke, I have used it the last two seasons and have all of my login and cc info saved and it auto populates. The delay and the bots have every tag gone before you get the alert.
Could you compare it to the leftover app, or are you talking about the app?
I used the app to get a couple tags last year...
We weren’t looking for 10+ PP units though? If the DIYhuntingmaps.com is just as good, I’ll take it!

There's really no way to know whether anyone's failure to be quick enough to purchase a re-issued license has to do with "bots" or simply the fact that hundreds of other people are all watching out for the same particular tag, and are damn fast in typing their purchase info. Too many eyes are now watching the re-issue list, so I have no high expectation of winning something good. Hopefully the CPW will have at least done some re-coding of the buy-license pages to stop or slow auto-complete apps.

Could you compare it to the leftover app, or are you talking about the app?
I used the app to get a couple tags last year...
We weren’t looking for 10+ PP units though? If the DIYhuntingmaps.com is just as good, I’ll take it!

Sorry I was referring to the 10.00 app

I like the current process. The Bots haven’t stopped me from being able to get good tags. Yes I’ve missed out on some but always seem to get good tags like 76 elk twice 53 deer high country deer tag unit 3 antelope 54 deer. That’s all been since they started this whole reissue thing so 3-4 years now. I’ve never been able to get a tag being first in line at a license vendor though.

But we are not talking about Bots here. We are just talking about an app that says “Hey, the tag you are looking for just came up”

YOU still have to log in yourself, and enter the code, and check out. You may get the tag, you may get beat out by someone else. I don’t like Bot PURCHASES either.

The current process sux! Go back to releasing them every Tuesday at 9am. Everyone has the same chance then, no matter how slim those chances are.

Exactly!
I just need something to say, hey dummy, ya better hurry!!!
I don’t know anything about programs, codes or bots...
I was just hoping someone could elaborate on the DIYhuntingmaps.com alerts, vs the Colorado leftover watch app alerts?
Or if there’s anything else out there???

I find it funny that so many people complain about the system. Look back and read through this thread. Nearly everyone wants the system to be better for them, and nearly everyone complains that the system is better for everyone else.

I need an app, but no the bots take all the tags, I need auto fill, but only want auto fill on Tuesday’s at 9 so the system crashes, etc.

The truth is the system works just fine, we all have an equal opportunity to get a little lucky. Sometimes you click on and pull a tag up right away, other times you look 300 times and never see the tag you want.

Just leave the system as it is, and hope you get lucky. I have pulled a few tags from it and have no complaints. I also realize that at any point when I look at the list update there are thousands of other looking at that same time and only one of us will get lucky enough to pull that tag!

No matter how they change the system things won’t change, those who get lucky and get a tag are fine with the way it is and those who don’t get a tag or get the tag they want their not happy and want it changed. People see good tags like 10+ point tags and jealousy sets in when their not the lucky one to get it. Its amazing that some complain about being given the opportunity to get a 10+ point tag when it costs them no points. Even though it’s a slim chance at least everyone has a chance.

The current process sux! Go back to releasing them every Tuesday at 9am. Everyone has the same chance then, no matter how slim those chances are.

disagree. The randomness is much better.... and I believe Gives people more opportunity. The mess/headache/stress on system that a single day produces for the CPW staff not withstanding, a single point in time gives people more opportunities to game the system IMO.

adding a captcha to reduce bots buying tags is a big step, which they are incorporating this year.

Proposal for next year is to add a preview list each week on Mondays to give people an opportunity to see if there are tags they want in that week, so they can pay more attention. Seems like a good compromise to me.

overall, I think the department has been very thoughtful about the process and we should be grateful for the opportunities.

Exactly!
I just need something to say, hey dummy, ya better hurry!!!
I don’t know anything about programs, codes or bots...
I was just hoping someone could elaborate on the DIYhuntingmaps.com alerts, vs the Colorado leftover watch app alerts?
Or if there’s anything else out there???

depends on the tag you want. If it’s a 1 point or 0 point tag... it may be worth it. For any Better tags, you don’t have much of a chance as people watching the list will be much quicker than you getting alerted...then signing in, ect.

depends on the tag you want. If it’s a 1 point or 0 point tag... it may be worth it. For any Better tags, you don’t have much of a chance as people watching the list will be much quicker than you getting alerted...then signing in, ect.
Yep!
It’s a 1-2 PP tag. So I figure I have a chance with the notification, even if it’s lagging a bit? It work last year for a buddy on a mule deer tag (I already drew), and I got a cow tag!
Anyway,
Thanks!

Ummmm...
I got some notifications today through the app for tags on the leftover list???
Sooooo,
It’s not gonna work still???

disagree. The randomness is much better.... and I believe Gives people more opportunity. The mess/headache/stress on system that a single day produces for the CPW staff not withstanding, a single point in time gives people more opportunities to game the system IMO.

adding a captcha to reduce bots buying tags is a big step, which they are incorporating this year.

Proposal for next year is to add a preview list each week on Mondays to give people an opportunity to see if there are tags they want in that week, so they can pay more attention. Seems like a good compromise to me.

overall, I think the department has been very thoughtful about the process and we should be grateful for the opportunities.

What do you think the Monday preview list indicates?

Ummmm...
I got some notifications today through the app for tags on the leftover list???
Sooooo,
It’s not gonna work still???

We don't know for sure. I got the notifications at 3pm, my buddies got them in the am. Not an indication it's working to me. The app owner hasn't been heard from on any site, and I've reached out to him with no response. Time will tell?

Maybe it is just on auto-run for the people already signed up. But you can't join if you aren't a member. Wouldn't let me

What do you think the Monday preview list indicates?

starting next year ( if proposal goes thru).... all tags in a given week that will be randomly added between Tuesday and Friday will be made available via a preview list on that Monday.

Guys, it will notify you once a day if a tag is available. If you’re getting notifications now, you will get them once a day until they are sold next Tuesday. It simply reads the posted leftover list. It doesn’t “know” that the sales portal is not open yet.

How'd ya do it? It's been a year and I forgot the procedure.
When I open the app, there’s a green + symbol at the bottom of the page. Touch it and then it should allow you to search by species or put in the hunt number, then add to list...

When I open the app, there’s a green + symbol at the bottom of the page. Touch it and then it should allow you to search by species or put in the hunt number, then add to list...

Yep, did that. Think my issue is it's a new hunt code and the app hasn't been updated.

You read hunting forums long enough and you’ll realize guys will chit gold and wish they were diamonds instead

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom