CO outfitter no horseback

badlander

Stuck in no man’s land in CO with 10 elk pts and ready to burn them.

Looking for a 1st rifle or Muzzy elk guide/outfitter that I can draw with my points that isn’t a horseback hunt due to allergies w/horses and 6’3” me and my 6’6” hunting partner being more than horses want to carry for 8hrs anyways.

Trying to stay under $7000, less is better. wont ever have the points again so would like to find a hunt that at least uses some of the points, not a 1-2 point hunt at least.

Let me know who you’ve used, thanks!

Yes, you are stuck in no man's land.

You might want to look at a Unit 20 late hunt. The elk migrate from Rocky Mountain National Park for the winter and end up mostly on private land. Comanche Wilderness Outfitters is one outfitter, there might be a couple of more..

These hunts will probably be more than your $7,000 limit.

Last year the first hunt (December) took 8 PP for a guaranteed NR draw. The second hunt (January) took 10 PP for a guaranteed draw.

There is always a risk with migration hunts that if the weather is warm the elk haven't arrived yet.

Yes, I know we’re stuck in no man’s land and I’m fine with that.

No horses is my #1 criteria (hence the title). I’ve been hospitalized after being around people who recently rode a horse when younger. It’s not that bad anymore but I still have no desire to deal with it. If they pack my animals with them great but riding them is out.

Honestly there isn’t much on the table with 10 non resident points with an outfitter in unit that requires that general amount of points, that will come under that 7000 dollar budget or doesn’t require wilderness/horseback hunt. Like listed before unit 20 with Comanche Wilderness would be a good option but I don’t think it will be in the budget. If hunt quality, trumps bull quality then you could hunt some really good private ground in a otc/1-2 point unit and with some luck might kill a solid bull.

Honestly there isn’t much on the table with 10 non resident points with an outfitter in unit that requires that general amount of points, that will come under that 7000 dollar budget or doesn’t require wilderness/horseback hunt. Like listed before unit 20 with Comanche Wilderness would be a good option but I don’t think it will be in the budget. If hunt quality, trumps bull quality then you could hunt some really good private ground in an otc/1-2 point unit and with some luck might kill a solid bull.
Thanks, I’m definitely not worried about this being a 10 point hunt. Like anyone else I’d love to find a 300”+ bull but if what I’m looking for only exists in a 3-4 point unit or whatever I’m interested.

Only caveat is that I’d rather burn my points DIY in a higher point unit than give up the points completely on a 0-1. If that’s what’s on the table I’m capable of that too just hoping for one swing at an outfitted higher quality hunt in CO one time before I drop in to the 0-2 points hunts moving forward.

Commanche Wilderness website talks a lot about their wranglers so, it appears to me they are operating with horses quite a bit?

Comanche Wilderness outfitters does a lot of different type hunts. They do Eastern plains mule deer hunts that are $10 grand and booked two or three years in advance.

I haven’t been there but I think those unit 20 hunts are private land , hunt out of the truck. These hunts might be booked two or three years out .

It wouldn’t be a problem to give them a call.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom