CO Uni1 Mule Deer Hunting

Bobi_Elk

Hi Folks.....I am new here and this is my first post. I have received a call from CWP few days ago mentioned that someone return his Unit 1 Buck license for 2nd season and I am the one can get that instead burning my 6 points.
Have anyone ever hunted in that area before either Elk of Deer? I am not looking for anyone honey hole or special spot just want to have some basic information to start my homework. I know that the area is very remote and access to there is very limited. I am living in Denver and will scouting there in August or September. I am appreciated for any input. Thank you!

Hi Folks.....I am new here and this is my first post. I have received a call from CWP few days ago mentioned that someone return his Unit 1 Buck license for 2nd season and I am the one can get that instead burning my 6 points.
Have anyone ever hunted in that area before either Elk of Deer? I am not looking for anyone honey hole or special spot just want to have some basic information to start my homework. I know that the area is very remote and access to there is very limited. I am living in Denver and will scouting there in August or September. I am appreciated for any input. Thank you!
I am 99% sure you will need to burn your 6 points to get this tag.

Not sure why you even put in for it in the first place with absolutely no knowledge of what to expect.

It's very rough and has tons of private property. The best hunting is land locked by private, or monument. Good luck

Why were you wanting to draw it with your 6 points but now question taking it as a reissue/alternate? Based on that I’d say don’t take it, especially living in denver. Unless you have some serious experience or knowledge of the unit you haven’t mentioned.

Not sure why you even put in for it in the first place with absolutely no knowledge of what to expect.

It's very rough and has tons of private property. The best hunting is land locked by private, or monument. Good luck
Thanks for your reply. I think I can not hunt in monument. What I read from CWP and others posts, it looks northern and southern end of Brown park may be good spots for buck. Have you ever hunt in that area? I know there are some roads passing private properties but I am not sure if we are allowed to take those road and reach southern part of the unit.

Why were you wanting to draw it with your 6 points but now question taking it as a reissue/alternate? Based on that I’d say don’t take it, especially living in denver. Unless you have some serious experience or knowledge of the unit you haven’t mentioned.
I already accepted the license and now doing my research as much as I can

Bring lots of provisions and plan on staying out there. Might be easier coming in from the Utah side too. Cool country but that area is rough, rough, & rough. The area also experiences significant poaching that affects quality.

Thanks for your reply. I think I can not hunt in monument. What I read from CWP and others posts, it looks northern and southern end of Brown park may be good spots for buck. Have you ever hunt in that area? I know there are some roads passing private properties but I am not sure if we are allowed to take those road and reach southern part of the unit.
No the monument is a no go for hunting, that was my point, most of the unit is locked up with private, and monument. There is some blm on the south side that is accessible but it's not much area to hunt.

Just out of curiosity what made you put in for the hunt?

No the monument is a no go for hunting, that was my point, most of the unit is locked up with private, and monument. There is some blm on the south side that is accessible but it's not much area to hunt.

Just out of curiosity what made you put in for the huntNo the monument is a no go for hunting, that was my point, most of the unit is locked up with private, and monument. There is some blm on the south side that is accessible but it's not much area to hunt.

I found that this unit is the one I may het a license with 6 point and is one the best CO north west units.

I found that this unit is the one I may het a license with 6 point and is one the best CO north west units.
One of the best huh? But only takes 6 points, and many years it has only been 2 or 3. Sure sounds like one of the best to me.

I know the unit fairly well, I live 30 miles away, I would love to have the tag but as a non resident that's all but impossible, i also wouldn't call it one of the best deer units, it's a good unit but there's better for sure.

There is a reason it takes so few points for residents. It's a dang tough hunt.

I wish you luck.

Yeah you better get out there and start looking to know what you are in for… not much country, but lots of steep nasty. Some potential, but I know many 2-3 point resident units I would take.

roads can get wicked and with later season dates a good snow storm could all but shut you out of the country.

Rugged rough not an easy hunt at all. Definitely not even on my radar for top 10, probably even top 20 deer hunts in the state.

Yeah you better get out there and start looking to know what you are in for… not much country, but lots of steep nasty. Some potential, but I know many 2-3 point resident units I would take.

roads can get wicked and with later season dates a good snow storm could all but shut you out of the country.
Thanks for the inoput!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom