Co unit 21

nocwalker

We’ll, we’re on our way. In Illinois right now heading west. Want to thank everyone here for answering all my questions. And thanks to the guys who sent pms with tips, advice and general help. It is much appreciated. Great community here!
I will post when I can although I don’t think we’ll have cell service
I will take pics and will report when I can

Thank you guys!!!!!

Driving across Kansas this morning. Looks like there might be some nasty storms to the north of rt 70. Will be in Grand Junction tonight and into the unit Monday morning. We will have 3 evenings and 2 mornings for scouting. Hope to find a couple decent ones to get after

question: how big of an area will these deer stay in if not pushed?
Another words, generally speaking>—-> can we generally count on decent bucks to use the same area everyday?

nocwalker

To amswer your question, this time of year deer will be in a general area. During your hunt, deer will be migrating... so if you see a buck you like you better kill it.

Don’t know anything about 21, but have fun and enjoy the experience. Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

The deer will be on the tops of the mesas. Especially before the season starts. After the crowds show up they will duck off the top and into the canyons.

From general experience that doesn't include your unit, Bucks will not wander too far this time of year. If they aren't pushed or bumped, you may well find them in the same general area everyday. I've flung arrows at bucks that the next day, or the day after, I relocated them within 200-400 yards of where I had a shot. This includes some nice deer.

Enjoy being in a new area. Enjoy whatever the landscape has to offer. And when you see a buck that tickles your fancy, have fun trying to get close enough to get a crack at him.

I'm going to be watching for your pics and updates.

Archery! Sorry thought you had 2nd season for some reason. Yes, deer will be on top and stay in the same general area. Good luck!

Nice cool winds will help keep the bugs away.
Hope the way California is burning you don't get all that smoke.

Thanks guys. Nice cool winds today Some rain though. We’ll be in Co in about an hour

here’s a pic of the rig. In all honesty we’re not loaded down real bad

6680B6D8-4EDB-4B63-AC23-8525A041BEBB.jpeg

Those bucks will like the cool wind and good shade if they haven't started rubbing yet. Good luck hope you find one that trips your release.

Thank Co-man. We’re staying there tonight before heading in tomorrow
Concidering putting new trailer tires on. Is there a good place to do that

I was cheated this trip. I always get a kick when you can see the high mountains for the first view on rt70. The view was clouded or smogged today

We’ll, we had to change a trailer tire at the sheep viewing area. Glad we noticed before getting stuck on the road

dang tail, fires suck. We have 2 areas picked out. Plus a third option if needed

chirst Wiffy, I can’t wipe your avatar out of my eyes?. Do you mean at the north end of 30?

We’ll, we had to change a trailer tire at the sheep viewing area. Glad we noticed before getting stuck on the road

dang tail, fires suck. We have 2 areas picked out. Plus a third option if needed

chirst Wiffy, I can’t wipe your avatar out of my eyes?. Do you mean at the north end of 30?
No, but good luck. Stay away from the crippled cowboys private, unless you want your ass chewed.

Go high. No migratory deer yet. You'll be hunting resident deer. There are a few around but they are in a smallish areas so expect competition.

There are a few deer in the desert above the river on the 21/10 boundary that Bigwiffy is talking about. its no secret. Caught this guy with 3 other smaller bucks in the rock crawler park just outside of Rangely. The BLM right above the golf course is a good place to find bucks this time of year as well.

Good luck,

vA32QjEh.jpg

Todd

Lets see some pictures! Missed the opener but I am headed out tomorrow for the rest of the week. Ill take any input that you are willing to share!

He must have ate a Brontoburger and is sleeping it off. Or more than likely we will never hear from him again.

Hello guys. Just started our 31 hr trek home. Have not had cell service nearly at all. I’m on my phone and will recap entire hunt when I get home and settled. Thanks all for help, encouragement and for watching. I will tell you this: in my eyes there are plenty of good bucks running around and we plopped right down in a good batch of em. I consider that we were very lucky to do so

Awesome. Congrats. Will be waiting to hear story and see photos of your success and memories made.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom