Co. Unit #43 Early 06 S.Pole Hunt Advice

R

rvansl13

Just drew early muzzleloader tag for units 43/47/471. 1st time lucky enough to draw a tag in colorado. Would surely appreciate anyone who know's that area to give some advice! Ps: I live in the region of Az. which is one of the countries richest trophy elk areas and would be very appreciative for quality advice.

Thanks alot! RVS

I'm lucky enough to be in the same predicament... This is the first year that I have put in and I drew a nonres muz tag for the same units. One of my friends hunted one spot in the middle of 43 last year but came home empty handed. Any leads???

I drew the archery hunt in those units and not sure why I put in there. Any info from those that have been there recently would be a big help me to get started getting maps and areas to begin looking at. Didn't mean to jump your thread RVS but I see that we are both from AZ and I could possibly have some things for you after my hunt. (Emails accepted,LOL)

Until it was blown uplast year, you could have bought an archery, muzzleloader, or rifle tag for unit 43 up to the week before the hunt. This is a hard hunt. The muzzleloader hunt has a success rate around 20%. The deer will be very scattered in the high country. They will be spooked from the High Country tag holders and those helping the High Country hunters (they hunt before you). It is pretty country and if you work very hard you might have the chance at a mature buck. But don't expect a lot from the hunt, except a good time in beautiful country. A mature buck will be a rare bonus. The low country is mainly private.

Hey there Whipknot!

Well so far I've had a couple of guy's give me pretty decent response but I'm just starting out my search for info.. I'll be glad to share whatever I find out and would surely appreciate the same in return. I don't mind sharing the wealth because it always comes down to a lot of luck in the end and I've had more fellow hunters help me more than hurt me. Will be in touch as soon as I know something.

RVS
Ps: What state you call home?

Hey RVS,

Thanks for the reply. I will be sure and keep you up to speed on any info regarding the three areas. You can keep in touch directly by email at [email protected]. Send me an email and I'll reply to you with what I have so far. I've lived over much of the West... but Utah is home. How 'bout you?

2_Point... I don't mind the rough country and I'm not limited to areas that a 4-wheeler or even a horse can get to... I strap on the boots and get after it. If I were to chase a mature buck in 43, any idea where to start looking? Thanks for your help.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom