CO Unit 66 4th season

Fishcop

Hello, first time using social media but had to cave. After 23 years of applying I finally drew the Unit 66 4th season deer tag. Hunt dates are Nov 23-27. Anyone here willing to share with me some information on areas to start my research. Thank you very much. Mike

Sorry. I understand. 23 years of anticipation has me all wired. Have never posted a thing on internet in my 51 years so I’m learning late! Take care

I don’t have any real score expectations. I have only shot a couple mule deer and those were with a bow years ago in Wyoming. I will be going solo and just want to see some good deer and country. If the right one presents a shot then I will gladly take it and be thrilled.

I can help you with a good bit of general advice for the hunt. I haven’t hunted the late hunts in 66, but I’ve hunted quite a few late tags. I can help with strategy, planning, and general tactics. You don’t really need “Spots” on a rut/migration tag like that.
Reach out by PM, if you’d like to talk.

Congratulations on a Once in a lifetime tag. Make the most of it

I hunted 66 3rd last year, as said you will see a lot of Deer, with no expectations you can tag out 1 or 5th day. ( Powderhorn)

Just curious, If you have been applying for 23 years, you didn't do any research and homework in that 23 years? You applied and burned 23 points on unit that you know nothing about?
Regardless, try posting this question in the Colorado forum further down the list of forums. Might get more info there. Good Luck Sir.

Lots of talk in the Colorado section forum on 66 & 67 from last year. Heck there's even video's out on the YouTube of the areas.

Oldmossback. Well, I hunted elk in 66 23 years ago. Killed a nice bull and saw lots of big deer. Decided then I would like to come back some day and hunt one. So I started putting in for points. Took 23 years to follow thru on that idea. I have never really hunted mule deer. I’ve killed two in my 51 years while hunting white tails with a bow in Wyoming. I was more just looking for information on what those deer do that time of year and the best way to hunt them. First time ever doing a forum or social media for that matter. Yah I’m that guy I guess. Thanks.

Between powder horn and blue mesa, that time of year you will have numerous opportunities at nice bucks.
Great advice ! But it’s still up to the weather that time of year. If its warm & dry- game over !
Cold &’snowy- you’ve got a good chance,’but it’s not easy even then. Can be very tough.
Best of Luck ?- Jerry Gold in Windsor, Colorado

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom