CO Unit 76

OldMan2

Can anyone suggest a couple of “small” Lakes for my wife and I to trout fish in this unit? In our upper 60’s, so looking for shorter hikes. Thx.

Sorry I can't give any recommendations, but there are TONS of resources out there on fishing literally every piece of water in Colorado. Look for one of the fishing guidebooks. They are like an encyclopedia and I enjoy looking thru mine for that next adventure.

I don't know if you get in the high country much, but just in case remember that lots of lakes have ice on them for the first part of summer.

Good luck.

Most of the fishing I have done in 76 is in Big Meadows reservoir. It is up on Wolf Creek Pass on the 76 side of the highway. Well stocked with good access. Further up the pass is my favorite place to take the family. CDOW calls it Tucker Park Ponds, but we call it Tucker Ponds. Two little lakes with great access for families. Just up the pass from the turn off to Tucker is a little lake called Pass Creek. LIttle tougher to get down to the water, but the state keeps it well stocked. Down the pass on the South Fork side is Million Reservoir, but it is about a quarter mile hike. Just up the road from there is Beaver Creek Reservoir which is a bigger lake but well stocked and easily accessed.

Sorry I can't give any recommendations, but there are TONS of resources out there on fishing literally every piece of water in Colorado. Look for one of the fishing guidebooks. They are like an encyclopedia and I enjoy looking thru mine for that next adventure.

I don't know if you get in the high country much, but just in case remember that lots of lakes have ice on them for the first part of summer.

Good luck.
Thx.

Most of the fishing I have done in 76 is in Big Meadows reservoir. It is up on Wolf Creek Pass on the 76 side of the highway. Well stocked with good access. Further up the pass is my favorite place to take the family. CDOW calls it Tucker Park Ponds, but we call it Tucker Ponds. Two little lakes with great access for families. Just up the pass from the turn off to Tucker is a little lake called Pass Creek. LIttle tougher to get down to the water, but the state keeps it well stocked. Down the pass on the South Fork side is Million Reservoir, but it is about a quarter mile hike. Just up the road from there is Beaver Creek Reservoir which is a bigger lake but well stocked and easily accessed.
Excellent. Been thru Wolf Creek Pass, so great info. Thx.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom