Coastal brown bear

Wapitiwilly

Very Active Member
Hey guys,
Headed the Alaska in May of 18 for a boat bear hunt. Just wondering if anyone has any advice on gear. Thanks
Paul

I'm jealous. Hunted there in '16 that same week. I hunted with Scott Mcleod (Alaska Raven Guides)on Chichagof and shot a dandy 9'5'' bear. saw 8- 10 bears per day. Trip of a lifetime. The boat hunt is the ONLY way to go as far as I'm concerned. Take stocking foot waders with ankle high wading boots. Take 18'' neoprene rubber boots. The Helly Hanson is good advice. Good waterproof gloves too. Other than that pretty much the usual stuff. You've been around long enough to know that drill. What are you using for a weapon ? I used a 375 with 300 gr Swift A frames. Bear killing machine. GOOD LUCK !!

Thanks for the info. I'm hunting with Mike Litzen May 11-20. I debated land vs boat and everyone I talked to recommended the boat. I've been told the fishing is great once you have harvested a bear. Going to be a long, long winter waiting for May to get here. Planning on using a 338??

Wapitiwilly, just curious what does a hunt like that run roughly. I want to do one it's going to be in the future as it's not in the budget quite yet. Just want an idea of what I need to save.

"We don't have a gun problem we have prescription drug problem."

....be sitting down wstrntines when you read your pm response....

323421626570513685990098870652286725493870346854n.jpg

>>Helly Hansen Impertech 3/4 Length Parka.
>>
>
>
>+1

+1 , I did my bear hunt in 2005 ,the cost was $14,500 plus ,now that same hunt is around $25,000 plus. I use my waterfowl jacket when hunting in the rain or snow,it has the removable liner and never gotten wet when I used it.

Everyone is missing your most important piece of 'gear'... An acquaintance (not a friend) who is a little slower runner than you are...

Just saying ??

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

LAST EDITED ON Nov-13-17 AT 03:44PM (MST)[p]My nephew did a Moose hunt up in Alaska and seen some huge bears, Now he has a hankering to get one of those too. I keep telling him you can only put so much in a trailer house.
LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

So true.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom