Cody carr hunting adventure

Country

Just want to let anyone know that is thinking of booking with this outfit, please reconsider. Terribly ran operation and is not worried at all about the experience or you, just turning clients to generate revenue. Stay away and find someone else.

They have a Nice website and a list of returning clients you can call and chat with. I have no interest in a guided hunt but I would like to here more details.

You should have gone over to bowsite during your research. There is a long list of threads and outfitter reviews over there that would have saved your money and bad experience. Why guys don't do more research before booking a hunt is beyond me

It was an archery elk hunt. The fact it was unsuccessful really had nothing to with it. In fact, with a bow even guided the success rates are low. My expectations were as a novice bow hunter I would learn a lot by hunting with a guide and save a few years on the learning curve. I expected to have a guide that knew and was familiar with the area, I expected to have a guide that was an experienced elk hunter, I expected to have a guide that actually had killed an elk before, I expected to hunt in country that had elk somewhere in the vicinity.
Orion, can’t argue with you, I should have done just a little more research and I would have came across those Bowsite reviews (which are spot on by the way with my experience). He was referred to me by someone I knew and then after speaking with Cody it all sounded good. Hard lesson Ed learned that if I would have taken a few minutes to do a google search probably would have prevented me from booking. Just wanted this out there so anyone else ever thinking of booking with him reconsiders and finds someone else.

There are a whole bunch of bad outfitters near Trout Creek and Noxon, Wayne Hill is another. You can go take your rifle for a hike and not waste 3-4k in guide fees with some kid that has never hunted. You would be better off if you hunted a private ranch, I’m going guided ever, but hunting public land with an outfitter is pointless. You can do the same thing on your own. Sorry to hear about your experience.

There are a whole bunch of bad outfitters near Trout Creek and Noxon, Wayne Hill is another. You can go take your rifle for a hike and not waste 3-4k in guide fees with some kid that has never hunted. You would be better off if you hunted a private ranch, I’m going guided ever, but hunting public land with an outfitter is pointless. You can do the same thing on your own. Sorry to hear about your experience.
There are places where public land guided isn’t the worst idea. Western MT isn’t one of them unfortunately though. Pretty much an expensive horseback trip with a bow or rifle in your hand. I know dozens of guys that have done those trips and rarely if ever do they kill an elk. Cool country and a cool trip but not an elk hunt. I agree if I was gonna spend money on a guided elk hunt in MT it would either be on a LE tag or a private land general area.

Sorry to hear about your experience Country; that's terrible, especially considering all the time, preparation, excitement, and money spent on such a trip.

You really should post a review on Bowsite to warn others. Be warned though, there is a good chance he will attack you personally with a rebuttal.

Thanks guys. Crappy deal, but I take responsibility I should have done more research. Just don’t want someone else to make the same mistake. Hopefully if they do a google search this will come up.

Killed some nice bulls in the Trout Creek Noxon area with Elk Creek Outfitting. Was 10-12 years ago contact Brent Fitchett he will take care of you.

Killed some nice bulls in the Trout Creek Noxon area with Elk Creek Outfitting. Was 10-12 years ago contact Brent Fitchett he will take care of you.
Key words --- 10 to 12 years ago!! My how the landscape has changed for elk numbers since then. I live close to there and hunt with a friend who grew up there. Just seeing an elk in that country now is a task--- let alone killing a nice bull.
It's really sad.

I’ve been on and off of these forums for years and that’s a name I’ve seen pop up as a sketchy outfitter several times. Mostly bad reviews at Bowsite’s outfitter reviews too.

There is one about someone being put out off of the corner of someone’s garage on an elk hunt.

I’ve never been, might just be sour grapes but, enough red flags for me to steer clear.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom