Coffee

Big_R

I love having a cup of coffee on the mountain, which I was recently introduced to a new method on a Jet Boil, and instant coffee pack. Do any of you have a specific brand of instant coffee that you swear is the best?

Definitely always in my pack. For instant single serve packets I recently switched to Folgers Noir. They are surprisingly pretty good. A lot of people also use Starbucks via.
You can also buy coffee in single use individual bags like a tea bag.

Starbucks via for years but recently just switched to the Folgers singles
Try the Folgers Noir singles. Much better than the regular red box Folgers singles.

1511A133-7561-450B-AEC0-35ADB5434825.jpeg

I guess i spoil myself! generator running a regular coffee pot brewing regular old folgers served with a little vanilla creamer. I spend 50-70 days a year living out of my enclosed so its nice. The nights spent on the mnt away from luxury I suffer without go juice!

Death Wish has an instant that is very good. Tried it this past December, elk chasing. Two packets in 32 ounces of hot water, good stuff!

I don’t understand why anyone would use instant, Pete’s coffee made cowboy style, once coffee has boiled a couple of drops of cold water will settle the grounds. Or MSR filter and fresh coffee

Thanks guys for all your responses, it looks like I’m gonna have to get some foldgers! That’s what I drink at home but wasn’t sure if there was some outdoor brand that everyone else was using for instant.

I mix Starbucks Via with Nescafe Classic. Just a blend that suits me.

From there a MicroLite 17 oz mug keeps my coffee boiling hot all the way to the evening if it's full and until 2 or 3 in the afternoon if I'm drinking it down all day. Pretty crazy how good these things are for being so light and tiny.

A lot of my friends don't drink coffee and I need to be fast to keep up. Boil, pour in two packets and off I go.

Just my ritual when in the backcountry out of a tent. In the trailer it's mostly a french press :)

Cheers, Pete

Mount Hagen's organic instant is by far the best I 've had. I also use Tasters Choice (house or Columbian) when backpacking. Or pour over device if car camping with French Roast or the pinion coffee from New Mexico.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom