Cold weather jacket

I got a Blizzard at half retail on Camofire. They have them occasionally. Haven’t tried it out yet but looks good. Def not a jacket you would walk around much in. But for long cold sits it should be great.

The kuiu super down pro is the absolute warmest jacket I’ve ever warn. It’s also about the fragilist. Really not a big deal since it’s too warm to hike in but when I do like coyote hunting I wear a vest over it to keep it from tearing. But sitting and glazing it can’t be beat.

The kuiu super down pro is the absolute warmest jacket I’ve ever warn. It’s also about the fragilist. Really not a big deal since it’s too warm to hike in but when I do like coyote hunting I wear a vest over it to keep it from tearing. But sitting and glazing it can’t be beat.
First Lite Chamberlin has more than twice the insulation of the KUIU and its in whole different category of warmth. You'd literally have to put on two Super Down Pro jackets at once to even come close. The KUIU is much lighter and great for backpacking but the Chamberlin is for when staying warm is the top priority.

For weight, compressability, and warmth, you can't beat down. But be sure and carry a rain jacket that will fit on over the down jacket. Down can't help you if its wet.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom