Colo res vs nonres quotas

Your not drawing a premium Arizona elk tag in 10 years just like your not drawing a strip deer tag in your lifetime if your just building deer points
Maybe so maybe no. I'm in the draw every year with a chance to draw. Ok say 15 years with a statistical chance every draw compared to 25yrs to 30yrs with zero chance at all.

Like I said CO tag system sucks ass.

It's funny how people think. It's supply and demand. Demand keeps going up. I haven't noticed opportunity going up. You keep arguing you have a right, right? Sure you do. We all do. You can argue all day that you deserve more than me. Not sure why, I don't know you. If you know so much, why don't you know enough to handle your own applications. I hunt colorado. I have those odds memorized. For a lot of years back. I want to hunt Wyoming. Those odds are memorized. Same with new mexico on the hunts I want. And I have a decent knowledge about the other states I don't even hunt. There is so much opportunity here that anyone can hunt every year. I cracks me up listening to ignorance. There are leftovers in my home unit. We kill some big stuff there. Can't hunt 61? Boohoo. How about 201? I'll hunt 76 this year if I want, and I have hunted and killed bulls 7 of the last 8 years. True killers are hunting. They understand the game changes, that fires happen, that pressure happens, that wolves happen. Point creep is bad. Tag allocations change. Between me and my boys we have plans. They literally change every year. I'll never hunt 201 with my tag unless it's a random. It shows how ignorant you are that you don't even know that colorado has random tags. I don't plan my season around drawing one though. I could draw up a workable scenario for allocations and prices. I'm rather busy, but it's not rocket science. Some of us, most of us actually, are very good at figuring out how to hunt. It's not a casual past time. And when I draw, I already know exactly where I'm going. And where I'm setting up my camp. And where I'm glassing. My food is planned. My gear tested. And I've never been there usually.

It's funny how people think. It's supply and demand. Demand keeps going up. I haven't noticed opportunity going up. You keep arguing you have a right, right? Sure you do. We all do. You can argue all day that you deserve more than me. Not sure why, I don't know you. If you know so much, why don't you know enough to handle your own applications. I hunt colorado. I have those odds memorized. For a lot of years back. I want to hunt Wyoming. Those odds are memorized. Same with new mexico on the hunts I want. And I have a decent knowledge about the other states I don't even hunt. There is so much opportunity here that anyone can hunt every year. I cracks me up listening to ignorance. There are leftovers in my home unit. We kill some big stuff there. Can't hunt 61? Boohoo. How about 201? I'll hunt 76 this year if I want, and I have hunted and killed bulls 7 of the last 8 years. True killers are hunting. They understand the game changes, that fires happen, that pressure happens, that wolves happen. Point creep is bad. Tag allocations change. Between me and my boys we have plans. They literally change every year. I'll never hunt 201 with my tag unless it's a random. It shows how ignorant you are that you don't even know that colorado has random tags. I don't plan my season around drawing one though. I could draw up a workable scenario for allocations and prices. I'm rather busy, but it's not rocket science. Some of us, most of us actually, are very good at figuring out how to hunt. It's not a casual past time. And when I draw, I already know exactly where I'm going. And where I'm setting up my camp. And where I'm glassing. My food is planned. My gear tested. And I've never been there usually.
You pay less and already have a lot better odds and your saying I want more you? That’s just stupid

I agree. You already have those but said it's not enough. Everybody has an opinion.

NW corner is 10 to 12 years on average and a statistical chance ever draw. Still less than half of Colorado for a far inferior animal.
Far inferior? Have you hunted it? And have you been watching odds the last 10 years? So 3-5 just changed to 10-12? When? Last year?

You pay less and already have a lot better odds and your saying I want more you? That’s just stupid
I take my place in the line. I don't worry about those infernal residents. Of course they have more right to hunt. Duh. The animals of the state are the states to manage. If I recall the wording is they are held in trust for the Residents of that state, by that state. The only reason I don't ***** about how Texas manages their game is because my state, wherever that might be, is supposed to give me the best opportunity possible to take care of myself. All the rest is a privilege. Not a right. And don't get hung up on public land and how you personally ate supporting it. This is about something else.

I take my place in the line. I don't worry about those infernal residents. Of course they have more right to hunt. Duh. The animals of the state are the states to manage. If I recall the wording is they are held in trust for the Residents of that state, by that state. The only reason I don't ***** about how Texas manages their game is because my state, wherever that might be, is supposed to give me the best opportunity possible to take care of myself. All the rest is a privilege. Not a right. And don't get hung up on public land and how you personally ate supporting it. This is about something else.
Day drinking isn’t for everyone

You need to keep up. 3 to 5 is NOT NW corner. Do you understand that?
Kinda tough to, I'll admit. I assumed that you were taking 3-5. You went to northwest and I'm too dumb to catch that. Give me some more details. First on which units are 3-5, then which northwest units are 10-12. I need to see that so I can look at some scales. Mind you, I would never ask unit numbers to be put on the www. I'm just trying to get a feel for how much I've been missing.

Wait NW corner of Co or Az… I’m confused now lol No one is hunting Nw corners of any state every 3-5 years we all can’t be entitled to trophy units every 3-5 years… they wouldn’t be trophy units if we could
AZ. CO nw is in the 25 to 30 year range correct?

Day drinking isn’t for everyone
Truth. I just moved out this cute little cabin I built today. In between drinks of course.

20230216_150506.jpg

AZ. CO nw is in the 25 to 30 year range correct?
Dude on what planet are you hunting the strip 3-5 years or even 10-12 as a non res? As a res maybe 12+ I’m new to the AZ game but in laws are big in it I can ask my FIL what it took to draw a strip buck tag this year, also NW AZ is desert and primarily deer unit right? Whole NW Co is our premier bull elk unit, kind of apples to coconuts if you ask me…

65 posts on this site and most of them are on this thread?
Why are you not more concerned about your own state?
Instead you come on here fighting with locals.
People like you are a dime a dozen.
People like you are a dime a dozen.

I used to be on this a lot years ago. I made a comment and we were off and running. Glad you could join the party.

Tex We will try it again. put your thinking cap on and try and sit still.

NR License will decrease by 12% = $89,895,960 - 12% = $70,108,444 Follow so far?

$198,000,000 Budget
$161,000,000 Expenses
$37,000,000 Surplus
-$19,787,516 lost Revenue
=$17,212,484 Surplus
These are you numbers Tex.

What is your next argument so I can be prepared.

Proved my point so thanks for doing so!!!
Carry on with your drivel.
Your welcome. Go back to where ever you came from. Thanks for the input. Have a great evening.

Proved my point again so thanks.
I am where I came from and not a transplant!
You?
So am I. I'm right here. Born and raised

I'm really amazed at your depth of knowledge on the subject matter. And if I was ever going to pick someone to bring absolutely nothing to the table it would be you. You da man

A lot has been said about non-resident economic value. This weekend here in Salt Lake is the NBA All Star Game. They (Utah jazz and local government) has been telling us that it will bring in $300,000,000 to the local economy. Well I guarantee that 99.99% of all citizens of Salt Lake county won’t see a dime of that. I call bull on the economic value the NBA All Star Game as well as traveling Non-Res hunters will bring to any economy.

Businesses already priced in their revenue with other types of tourism. Like mentioned in Colorado, bikes, hiking, off roading, and skiing will bring in far more local greenbacks than OTC elk hunters.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom