Colorado 2021

Wheels2

Looking for recommendations for a quality outfitter for a 3rd or 4th season deer hunt. I have 10 pp and was planning on an archery tag, but hard to resist the later season dates next year. I am going solo, and not excited about potential weather in November being alone, hence the outfitter route. Don’t necessarily need a 10 point unit, but I’ve got them and intend to use them. Truthfully, I am hoping for a 180”+ deer, as I have a 175” archery deer on the wall, but I know there are no guarantees outside the high fence. Would like to keep the price within reason. Thanks for any help.

I would plan on spending 5K to 6K. I would also suggest spending the $100 and joining epic outdoors. if you're after trophy mule deer, there is no one out there that knows more about where and how to find them than that crew (IMO).

Having said that, the closest thing to a guaranteed 180 class buck is going with an outfitter on the eastern plains and you're going to be spending 8k+ on that hunt. good luck

If you want an outfitter, I would start talking now. Plan on point creep to be at least 2 points next year, but several plains unit and some others with lots of private that 180 is possible and should be able to draw with 10 points. Most of the units with good bucks and public land you can't draw with only 10 points. Good luck

I checked into a few outfitters that hunt the plains and they are in the 12-15K+ price range. That would be an awesome hunt, but out of my price range. I was hoping I might come across some others that have hunted the western slope with outfitters that they would recommend. Realistically, I’m thinking $8K would be my upper end for an outfitted hunt. Maybe I would be better off going out early season archery hunting, but a rut hunt has me intrigued. Thanks for the help so far.

I don’t think you need an outfitter for a crack at a 180 type deer in a 10 point 3rd or 4th season unit next year. 3rd season dates are going to be like 4th season hunts have been. The late dates are going to hammer the big bucks.

Scott Limmer who runs Comanche Wilderness Outfitters is a good candidate. Booked out at least 2-3 years though.

I don’t think you need an outfitter for a crack at a 180 type deer in a 10 point 3rd or 4th season unit next year. 3rd season dates are going to be like 4th season hunts have been. The late dates are going to hammer the big bucks.
My only concern is going solo with possible weather issues. Not too excited about getting snowed in by myself with no help.

you can find reputable outfitters on the plains for 8K. and you'll draw the tag for sure with 10pts. A second vote for Limer. but like DH56 said, he's a few years out.

If you want an outfitter, I would start talking now. Plan on point creep to be at least 2 points next year, but several plains unit and some others with lots of private that 180 is possible and should be able to draw with 10 points.

goforbroke,

I'm curious why you think point creep will be at least 2 points next year?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom