Colorado Archery Muley

COLO3D

Very Active Member
I posted this in the Archery section, but thought some of you "Thunderstick" guys might want to see it too.

Friday night I was heading back to the truck earlier than normal to spend a little time with the family. I was walking down an old logging road when I rounded a bend I came across this buck. He patiently waited for me to get a good look through the binos and range him and then waited for the arrow to arrive. What an accomadating buck!

The back story is kind of sad; my best friend and hunting partner passed away from Panchriatic Cancer in June. He always wanted a nice four point to put over his fireplace. I promised his wife at his funeral that I would get a buck for Steve this year and put it over their fireplace. The Swarovski's in the picture were his and the purple bracelet is a Panchraitic Cancer Awareness bracelet. This is truly Steves buck!

By the way I rough scored him in the low 170's.

46db9b37463d4b12.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Sep-03-07 AT 00:05AM (MST)[p]Sorry to hear about your friend, but it looks like you lived up to your promise and that buck will look great above the fireplace. That's a nice muley. Way to go!

I hope I have friends like you when it's time for me to meet my maker!! Congrats to you and your friend on a great buck!! Excellant team work!!

Work to hunt!! Live to hunt!! And the rest spent keeping the wife happy!!

Great buck and storey. Good friends last beyond a lifetime.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

>I hope I have friends like
>you when it's time for
>me to meet my maker!!
>Congrats to you and your
>friend on a great buck!!
>Excellant team work!!
>
>
>Work to hunt!! Live to hunt!!
>And the rest spent keeping
>the wife happy!!

More teamwork than you know. It was just meant to be!

Just maybe Steve was along in spirit on your hunt. He probably was watching you as you made the shot. You have done your buddy proud and got Steve a really nice buck. I am sure that each time you go hunting you will have Steve with you.

Awesome buck and it means even more when you tell Steve's story. That buck will look great above her fireplace and I'll bet Steve was right there hunting with you. Sorry to hear about your friend Steve, but what a great, heartfelt hunting story.

Jenn

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom