Colorado Cow moose help

Clownpuncher

My 15 year old son has a Grand Mesa cow moose tag (42/421). Has anyone seen any cows running around?? We've been out and putting on miles but nothing yet. Thought we might ask for any help we could get. I sincerely and truly appreciate any help.

This is a common problem in that area. Run a search on this site, plenty of threads with good advice. Hope you and the young man get into em!

Maybe if your not seeing any that could be because there are few and far between. May be you might ought to consider letting one live to help the few that are left..

Thanks for all the help!! I’ll definitely look into those places. Thanks for the heads up on the 50” as well. We’ve just been walking everywhere but the snow last weekend was pretty sloppy. There are plenty of moose up there. There are actually 840 at the last count and they would like the numbers way lower but they are really hard to harvest.
Like little bull said, huge area and they don’t travel in herds so if you search in a giant area, you’re only going to find one or two, if you’re lucky. Of course we see bulls but no cows. Typical.

Class IV bad advice. Depends on where your at, It could be good advice. Sounds like they got moose on that unit though

Class IV bad advice. Depends on where your at, It could be good advice. Sounds like they got moose on that unit though
I guess I'll ask do you even know anything about the area?

Good luck to your son, hope he finds a cow.

I do. Born and raised for 46 years in GJ. We’ve seen bulls, just no cows, of course. Seen one lone calf but that was the only thing we saw with no antlers.

I do. Born and raised for 46 years in GJ. We’ve seen bulls, just no cows, of course. Seen one lone calf but that was the only thing we saw with no antlers.
Sorry man , my response was aimed at Horsecorn.
Like I said hope he has some luck filling that tag.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom