Colorado deer hunt story/ pictures

Wyo_Roadhunter

LAST EDITED ON Oct-24-09 AT 02:48PM (MST)[p]Me and my dad both drew out for colorado, we saw lots of bucks but nothing in the 170's to 180's. after 6 days of hunting i got a ichey trigger finger and we saw some nice looking bucks way up on a ridge. so we made a game plan and decided to go after them the next day (yesterday). when we got to where we could glass them we couldnt see any of the bucks but we still hiked up there anyways. when we got there we could see a couple of the bucks finally and i looked down and happened to see the biggest buck out of the group. we ranged him at 475 yards and i hurried and got a rest and dialed my scope in. on the first shot i shot like a half inch over his back and he just kept feeding but the other bucks kinda spooked so he followed. i got back on him and the second shot hit the right spot. he ran across a big ravine and rolled clear back to the bottom. when we got over to him. we mesured him to be 26 inches wide, and havent scored him yet not really sure if we are going to im tired of everything going off score. My dad also killed his buck later that day, we was driving down the road looked down the hill and saw him. we hurried and baled out and got down on the hillside and he dropped him. we messured him at 29 inches wide.

4ae3660f5d345aa2.jpg

4ae366686057e674.jpg

4ae366a16125ea2d.jpg

4ae366db62d316c1.jpg

4ae3670f63aea5be.jpg

4ae3673d646ed4f8.jpg

4ae3678d65799399.jpg

4ae367b26614bc27.jpg

What a great hunting season you two have done very well this year.
Now I hope you get your elk Remington
Congrats to both your Dad and yourself.
Good shooting

Bowhunter13,
Congrats to you and your dad on a couple of great Colorado Bucks. Thanks for posting.

OMB

There's room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potato's and gravy.

haha tripleK the smile is pretty stuck. this has been a year of first's for me. this is my first ever 4x4, i have killed a 3x4 and i killed a 3x5 in utah this year but this buck is my first 4x4 and its my first deer with a rifle.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom