Colorado Deer Poll

one_dryboot

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Nov-25-18 AT 06:08PM (MST)[p]

Here is a Colorado deer hunt Poll. If you hunted Colorado deer in 2018, please share what state you live in, and how many spotters you had during your hunt in Colorado. A spotter is any person that helped you find an animal on your hunt, mom, dad, friend, mistress ECT...
This poll will run for two weeks. At the end of two weeks, one lucky person will win a $100.00 dollar gift certificate to Cabela's or Sportsman's warehouse.

I will start.

Utah- 1 spotter.

If you don't answer honestly, yer going to hell. ?

LAST EDITED ON Nov-25-18 AT 05:01PM (MST)[p]Colorado
13 spotters
12 llamas
3 Polaris Rzrs
2 different 338 Lapuas set at different sniping locations with range cards provided.

In all seriousness;
My buddy and I
2 packs
2 pairs of swaros
Killed my deer at 125 yards with a factory rifle

Screw it I'll throw in a Cabela?s gift card to boot also.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-25-18 AT 05:24PM (MST)[p]Colorado resident. Solo, no spotter, no ATV, no long range rig. Tagged out opening mornin at 120yds. Packed out on my back 2 miles, 2 trips.

PS. This is the Colorado forum, utards frequent the general hunting forum. Just sayin. But I respect you followin thru onedryboot! Just hold back the loin cloth pic!??

#livelikezac

LAST EDITED ON Nov-25-18 AT 05:35PM (MST)[p]??? love it!

Good on ya Coloradoboy.

DW, I posted this in the mule deer forum also. ?

This poll hasn't been going two hours, I can clearly see there is some shady ??? going on.

Do you really think the flat brimmers are going to show up to the poll and give honest answers, ya right. Nice poll, but not going to get anywhere. For what it's worth, just me and the old man, each packin a tag, Go Utes!

>Asking for a friend from St.George....
>can the wife(s) be counted
>as a single spotter?
>
>Coloradoboy

Single wifes are what I'm good at!

#livelikezac

Full throttle, I edited my original post for those that are not honest. Take a look. ??????

And for the record, no I don't think the Eric Chesser wanna be flat brimmers will answer.

>Asking for a friend from St.George....
>can the wife(s) be counted
>as a single spotter?
>
>Coloradoboy

Only if they send said pics of wife(s) in their birthday suit(s)

>That's messed up.

Lmao! I slip in a girl with daddy issues from time to time to mix it up.

#livelikezac

>>Asking for a friend from St.George....
>>can the wife(s) be counted
>>as a single spotter?
>>
>>Coloradoboy
>
>Only if they send said pics
>of wife(s) in their birthday
>suit(s)

Touch?. I will personally draw the line at a 3 to 1 ratio. Any man that can tolerate three women at one time without any alcohol deserves extra spotters without penalty.

Coloradoboy

>>>Asking for a friend from St.George....
>>>can the wife(s) be counted
>>>as a single spotter?
>>>
>>>Coloradoboy
>>
>>Only if they send said pics
>>of wife(s) in their birthday
>>suit(s)
>
>
>Touch?. I will personally draw the
>line at a 3 to
>1 ratio. Any man that
>can tolerate three women at
>one time without any alcohol
>deserves extra spotters without penalty.
>
>
>Coloradoboy

That count if said women your wife and daughters? If so I got 3 on hand.

On different note. CO native just to clarify, all CO tags. 1 for 4 on tags. Should have had 3 of 4.

Having said that, got my son his 1st deer, and with that we are 100% happy.

Saw way too many convoys of spotters to ratio of hunters. Sad really when you've 4 or 5 trucks of guys to 1 or 2 hunters.
Black Hollow Shooting Systems

https://www.facebook.com/bhshootingsystems/

Utah

Me: 1 tag (10 days on the mountain for a 5 day hunt)
Son: 1 tag (10 days)
Son: spotter, pack mule, general helper (5 days)

We ended up filling both tags on the last day.
360 yard shot (2 mile pack out)
130 yard shot (1/2 mile pack out)

Had a great time with my sons (glad both of them were there to help) and met a few new friends.

Rimrock

31726065036_79bf4240ea_t.jpg

My current situation precludes me from caring about your opinion but go ahead and give voice to it anyway...

Who am I to believe, the honest folks on the internet or my own lyin' eyes?? It seems only rugged individuals bring their Conestoga wagon here for picking up the "free meat".

I do have to chuckle now and then when the string of punkins outnumbers the average size of the groups of animals and they all plop down in a ten foot circle and pull out "the glass".

And officially, just to skew the poll further:

CO.
zero.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-18 AT 09:52AM (MST)[p]Utah:
(it was my 15-year old daughter's tag and I helped her)

other details:
200 yard shot with my old .270 Winchester.

Maybe she would've shot a bigger buck with all the "Utard tactics"?

P.S.
Don't know any of the stereotype Utards in my circle of family/friends. But, like Bigfoot sightings, I hear about them all the time...

LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-18 AT 01:02PM (MST)[p]Any Colorado guys game for forming an alliance and going to Utah next fall and doing an all out general season mule deer assault? I'll provide the flat bill SHUSH hats and monsters/mtn ops.
Coloradoboy

LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-18 AT 03:06PM (MST)[p]>LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-18
>AT 01:02?PM (MST)

>
>Any Colorado guys game for forming
>an alliance and going to
>Utah next fall and doing
>an all out general season
>mule deer assault? I'll
>provide the flat bill SHUSH
>hats and monsters/mtn ops.
>Coloradoboy

Do it! You'll have to compete with the California guys, but do it!

If I see you, we'll BS for a while. I'll share a cold coke. I'll introduce you to my three wife(s). You'll complain there are no big bucks. And I'll tell you the Cali guys killed them all.

>LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-18
>AT 03:06?PM (MST)

>
>>LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-18
>>AT 01:02?PM (MST)

>>
>>Any Colorado guys game for forming
>>an alliance and going to
>>Utah next fall and doing
>>an all out general season
>>mule deer assault? I'll
>>provide the flat bill SHUSH
>>hats and monsters/mtn ops.
>>Coloradoboy
>
>Do it! You'll have to compete
>with the California guys, but
>do it!
>
>If I see you, we'll BS
>for a while. I'll share
>a cold coke. I'll introduce
>you to my three wife(s).
>You'll complain there are no
>big bucks. And I'll tell
>you the Cali guys killed
>them all.

Then we will go to Cali and hunt their big bucks!!!

>LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-18
>AT 03:06?PM (MST)

>
>>LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-18
>>AT 01:02?PM (MST)

>>
>>Any Colorado guys game for forming
>>an alliance and going to
>>Utah next fall and doing
>>an all out general season
>>mule deer assault? I'll
>>provide the flat bill SHUSH
>>hats and monsters/mtn ops.
>>Coloradoboy
>
>Do it! You'll have to compete
>with the California guys, but
>do it!
>
>If I see you, we'll BS
>for a while. I'll share
>a cold coke. I'll introduce
>you to my three wife(s).
>You'll complain there are no
>big bucks. And I'll tell
>you the Cali guys killed
>them all.

Lmao!

#livelikezac

As a young man, we always made fun of the "California prune pickers" that came to Utah to hunt "our mule deer." Now, we are the brunt of jokes from all of the surrounding states. This entire dsicussion makes me chuckle. In all seriousnness, however, I have met both upstanding, honorable sportsmen and lazy, dishonest scumbags in nearly every state that I visit. Don't get too caught up in your stereotypes, and if you do, take a break from the internet and get out and meet some real people. You may just be surprised by what you learn and experience. And most importantly, try to be the kind of person/sportsmen that you expect others to be.

-Hawkeye-

My Favorite Expo Tag Quotes:

"It is fair to ask how much comes in with the five dollar application fees and how much went onto the ground.? Don Peay of SFW during 3/31/2005 Wildlife Board Meeting.

"There will be a full accounting of how the applications fees are spent.? Don Peay of SFW - 9/26/2006 - Monstermuleys.com

From California....my Dad and I each had a deer tag. We were the only 2 spotting. We must be blind because neither of us could find a buck over 8 inches wide. Had tag soup on the 11th of November for dinner.

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Utah
1 tag
A son and friend came to share the experience 16 years to draw.
We hunted from the same truck.
Would that be 2 spotters?
one 170 class buck shot at 225 yards.

California

No spotters

By myself in the unit for 22 days. Killed this buck spot/stalk at ~10 yards on day 21.

345392018090411.56.47.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-17-18 AT 11:14PM (MST)[p]You jealous you pot smoking name calling pusse.? Sick of you colorado pricks that think your bad asses.

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-17-18
>AT 11:14?PM (MST)

>
>You jealous you pot smoking name
>calling pusse.? Sick of you
>colorado pricks that think your
>bad asses.

Beer or whiskey? It sounds like whiskey.

#livelikezac

>>LAST EDITED ON Dec-17-18
>>AT 11:14?PM (MST)

>>
>>You jealous you pot smoking name
>>calling pusse.? Sick of you
>>colorado pricks that think your
>>bad asses.
>
>Beer or whiskey? It sounds like
>whiskey.
>
>
>#livelikezac

Thought tards didn't drink... but I know it takes a lot of 3.2 beer to get wild on the keyboard so fire water is a fair guess.

Coloradoboy

I'm one of those non-drinking Utahns (never thought of myself as a tard?) who's had 4 Colorado deer tags in the last 40 years. After four tags I killed one giant CO buck with no spotters. I suspect I won't get to hunt there again, but I have a good deal of respect for the place. On my last hunt (2011) I did get some good feed back on here from Coloradoboy but no worries, because it didn't lead me to my buck.

I'm not sure why there is so much anger and finger pointing going on now days? I don't recall it being like that a decade or two ago. Maybe I'm getting forgetful...or may be a sign of the time. :)

LAST EDITED ON Dec-18-18 AT 09:15PM (MST)[p]How many spotters did you drag along with ya littlebighorn? Kinda the point of this exercise.

#livelikezac

Didn't draw a tag so had 3 spotters that looked at the same emails saying NO LUCK THIS YEAR.
LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Wyoming
0 tags
2 spotters
Went out during third season and did a little scouting for next year. I gotta admit, there's some nice deer in Colorado. Kinda hard to believe that on the last weekend of third season there were still people pushing draws and walking past nice bucks.

>As I stated in my post
>DW...no spotters on any of
>the 4 hunts.

I saw it after I posted LBH. You didnt strike me as the "posse" type. :D

#livelikezac

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom