Colorado deer unit 5 4th season tag/ Wyoming 81 deer tag

Doug711

Had a buddy draw a 4th season colorado deer tag just south of Wyoming 81 deer, planned on scouting for him so I figured why not try to draw a Wyoming 81 tag as I was going to be down there, now I have two areas to scout! Looking to hear from any deer hunters who have hunted either of these units the past few years. Yes, we understand that the deer migrate from Colorado to Wyoming in the later season, but not all of the deer leave. I Will probably spend some time bow hunting prior to the gun season in Wyoming... any insights about how your hunts went, the best areas to set up a camp or stay in town, and what did not go well would be appreciated...congratulations to all that drew tags this year and best of luck!
Thanks,
Doug

Hard to find a big buck with the season dates like they are in 81. I bet some good ones show up later in the season but with the dates early like that the migration from Colorado hasnt happened yet.

I think Doug like a lot of guys that come on this site are long gone no answer.........
I know it that bugs me come for advice and never give feedback, I asked for help this year on a utah limited entry unit and got some great advice from some great guys so I felt it was only right to document my entire hunt in the hunt adventure section. Wish more guys would feel that same way.

Had a buddy draw a 4th season colorado deer tag just south of Wyoming 81 deer, planned on scouting for him so I figured why not try to draw a Wyoming 81 tag as I was going to be down there, now I have two areas to scout! Looking to hear from any deer hunters who have hunted either of these units the past few years. Yes, we understand that the deer migrate from Colorado to Wyoming in the later season, but not all of the deer leave. I Will probably spend some time bow hunting prior to the gun season in Wyoming... any insights about how your hunts went, the best areas to set up a camp or stay in town, and what did not go well would be appreciated...congratulations to all that drew tags this year and best of luck!
Thanks,
Doug

I know it that bugs me come for advice and never give feedback, I asked for help this year on a utah limited entry unit and got some great advice from some great guys so I felt it was only right to document my entire hunt in the hunt adventure section. Wish more guys would feel that same way.
He posted in the Wyoming forum. Very sad story.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom