Colorado Governor's tag buck.

oldmossback

Saw a Facebook post on the mule deer hunter page of the Colorado Gov tag buck. Killed on public land. It is a pretty good buck. Said it was shot Monday in unit 44. He gave props to Colorado boy for help, so maybe Colorado boy can get him to post some pics and the story on here? Said it rough scored 207.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-27-19 AT 01:27PM (MST)[p]
530613917e36127db4e3ab6391d78070690d7.jpeg

802373ac821d26dc348f8beb764babc2c0165.jpeg

93166cbaebcafea3e46258be1d514d3ce4b58.jpeg

Coloradoboy

Hey guys. My name is Jeff. That's my buck. I had one of the raffle tags. I was going to put the story up here last night but didn't know how to get the pictures attached.

On another note I did hear that the auction tags sold for big bucks. I can't really confirm that but it's what I heard. One sold for 110k and the other for 135k.

Congrats on a great buck! Your story on the mule deer hunter facebook page was awesome, I am sure people here would love to read that.

31726065036_79bf4240ea_t.jpg

My current situation precludes me from caring about your opinion but go ahead and give voice to it anyway...

Thanks to Colorado Boy we all just did. THANKS I hate dead deer pics but they are sooo much more regal when walking! Nice deer man!

With the rule changes a couple years ago how was he able to shoot this buck in 44 after fourth rifle closed? Those guys are supposed to be on the eastern plains since those are the only seasons open. Section B number 4

1815govtag.jpg

Was just asking Oak plus I don't trust anything Brownstain is involved in. Guys been bust for poaching and trespassing more than anyone

> Guys been bust
>for poaching and trespassing more
>than anyone

My current situation precludes me from caring about your opinion but go ahead and give voice to it anyway...

You've gotta get out more man... Now if you replaced "anyone" with "most" OK I could get on board.

Your right I should have said most. Plus I should have added he is one of the biggest reasons for the change in our governors tag rules

Don?t toot the horn too loud. The guy that shot this buck posted in the mule deer forum 2 weeks ago, asking for any advice on the unit and it didn't look like there were very many members willing to share.

Nice buck Yeff. DIY on a once in a lifetime tag says a lot about your character as a true hunter.

Put the shovel down...

Congrats on a great buck!.

Orion is demonstrating that being opinionated and poorly informed are a bad combination.

Hasbean

Orion , I think you have your deer confused man. This is not that guy or hunt and brownlee was not involved either . Different tag and deer .

Wow, that buck is a big boy!! Congratulations to the hunter and good for you The_Coloradoboy. You?re a good man for helping the guy out.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

Absolutely great buck!! The ColoradoBoy has given me good advice as well, I'm glad he helped this guy, and glad it all worked out!

Ditto to what everyone has said above. Incredible DIY buck on Public Land! And good on the Coloradoboy for helping him out. Cole has gone out of his way to help me in my quest for a quality Muley buck. Can't thank him enough for that!
CBTH

Came across this one and couldn't help but think that guys like ColoradoBoy are why Mossback etc hasn't really taken up Colorado in more recent years. They're here, but you don't see @mossbackcolorado for a reason other than legal. This isn't the first time we've seen him involved in a State tag free of charge, nor is he the only person out there helping for the fun of it. They're doing pretty good too. All of the free assisted sheep tags I've seen have been slammers as well.

Hell of a buck fellas, keep it up. Congrats Jeff!

Came across this one and couldn't help but think that guys like ColoradoBoy are why Mossback etc hasn't really taken up Colorado in more recent years. They're here, but you don't see @mossbackcolorado for a reason other than legal. This isn't the first time we've seen him involved in a State tag free of charge, nor is he the only person out there helping for the fun of it. They're doing pretty good too. All of the free assisted sheep tags I've seen have been slammers as well.

Hell of a buck fellas, keep it up. Congrats Jeff!
Mossback outfitters had nothing to do with this buck or hunt. ColoradoBoy, helps out because he has a lot of knowledge about the areas and apparently likes to lend a hand. I don't blame him.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom