Colorado Landowner Voucher

huntwithkids

Hello everyone, it seems that Colorado landowner vouchers are becoming so hard to get nowadays. I wanted to reach out to any of you MM members to see if any of you have any connections to landowners that get vouchers. I'm not a big money guy so I can't afford high dollar tags. I would like more opportunity to hunt with my kids.
Thanks for any leads

Hey BeanMan, not sure why you have a need to point out the obvious. Did I say I needed a voucher to be able to hunt with my kids? Nope! Just happen to want to hunt in another state. Would love to bring my kids with me. Cute Dog!

HWK there are units you can draw with zero points. I’m sure that’s what BeanMan is getting at. Apply you and your kids as a party and have fun.

Or they could grab deer tags and you could go OTC elk. Than you all still get to hunt together.
Good Luck

Hey BeanMan, not sure why you have a need to point out the obvious. Did I say I needed a voucher to be able to hunt with my kids? Nope! Just happen to want to hunt in another state. Would love to bring my kids with me. Cute Dog!
theres many many tags you guys could draw with zero points as a group. They just aren't going to be low tag hunts is all.

The brokerage sites are chock full of Colorado vouchers every year. Just have to wait until June when the landowners get them and the websites post them. If you are looking for a specific unit, species, and weapon, you might want to mention it in your inquiry here.

Vouchers are not cheap. You can hunt many OTC units for elk without spending the money for vouchers which will not be better hunts. If the voucher is for a better unit you will pay premium prices. Deer vouchers for where i live in western Colorado, on a poor deer unit, are around $2500 and will get you nothing more than you could get with zero to one point. They are a fools errand for the uninformed.

I have to agree with BeanMan.
My opinion on vouchers as a whole is that it's a total scam! I believe the voucher system was started to help compensate ranchers for crop damage. I've seen way to many landowners purposely trying to keep animals on their land so that they can make big bucks off of vouchers/OUR wildlife!
The voucher system should be totally shut down.

I have to agree with BeanMan.
My opinion on vouchers as a whole is that it's a total scam! I believe the voucher system was started to help compensate ranchers for crop damage. I've seen way to many landowners purposely trying to keep animals on their land so that they can make big bucks off of vouchers/OUR wildlife!
The voucher system should be totally shut down.
I’m not gonna say the voucher system is perfect, but there are landowners, myself included that use them the correct way. A total shutdown would be unfair to the honest ranchers who feed winter range deer and elk for other hunters to benefit from the rest of the year.

I've never been a fan of Colo landowner vouchers. My guess is that a large chunk of landowner tags aren't used by landowners themselves and are sold to brokers!

If the tags were only issued for use by landowners and their immediate family I would be all for them. Landowner tags are taken out of the pool of applicants in the public draw and a large chunk of them sold ….that's where I have a serious problem!

My only grip is that Landowner Vouchers are valid unit wide. I understand that game might not be on the landowner's property during hunting seasons and might use the property for wintering purposes only, so some type of compensation might be appropriate for excessive crop or property damage. But when a landowner sells a tag and the hunter hunts on the opposite end of the unit for game that never impacts the landowner's property, then it doesn't make sense. Wish I had a better solutions but I don't.

When you apply into the Landowner program it specificallys says the animal to be hunted must reside on the property every month of the year, not just overwintering.

When you apply into the Landowner program it specificallys says the animal to be hunted must reside on the property every month of the year, not just overwintering.
And regarding deer there’s always resident deer so it would be uncommon to find a ranch that only has deer during the winter.

I agree there are some landowners who take advantage, say you own 160+ acres of more or less worthless land a random doe crosses once a month that’s not ok. Be nice if there was a checks and balances system to determine tags, not just a standard allocation across the board. My comment about wintering elk is that they cause a lot of damage to landowners and I don’t even qualify for elk vouchers as there’s OTC tags in my unit. Just saying cutting them out all together wouldn’t be fair either. One of the few ways I can actually get compensated for feeding the “states” property.

Noooo they have to reside a, certain.number of days through out the year they do not have to reside year round
we hunt Colorado with land owner tags EVERY year
(father in law has, a, ranch in unit 85) he gets. Multiple tags every year and he doesn't have game on his ranch year round they have to use the ranch for a certain time during the year all that's, required

Here it is
For a landowner as shown by a recorded deed to qualify for the Landowner Preference
Program in Colorado, the land must meet all of the following qualifications:
1. Be a minimum of 160 contiguous acres of private agricultural land; AND;
2. Be inhabited by the species being applied for in significant numbers throughout the
year or in substantial numbers for shorter times; AND;
3. Provide for the species being applied for: wintering habitat, transitional habitat,
calving areas, solitude areas, migration corridors, or provide a forage source; AND;
4. Have a history of game damage or a huntable population of the species being applied
for; AND;
5. Be within a Game Management Unit (GMU) for which all rifle licenses are totally
limited for the species (deer, elk, or pronghorn) being applied for;

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom