Colorado Mule Deer 4 Points??

MantiElkMan

I have 4 deer points and wondering if any of you have any suggestions. I have heard that I could draw GMU 70, 71, or 711 3rd season or 25 or 26 4th season. Would any of you recommend these? I have heard mixed reviews about 70. I am also open to trying muzzleloader. Any help would be appreciated. Thx

Really now, if you're up for a lot of scouting and hiking, mz is the way to go. if you want to see a bunch of deer and a big buck stalking for a hot doe, later seasons are better. depends on how much time you have to devote to scouting. as NR, not sure what best options are/how do you like to hunt?

I’ll share my experience in 3rd season unit 70. Lots of deer on the BLM land, and quite a few bucks, mostly small 1-2 year old bucks. Hunted the entire season and saw a few 160-170 type bucks. Easy hunt if you would be happy with a smaller buck. I think there was average snow for that time of year when I had the tag. Found this buck the last day, I saw 2 others that were comparable in size. Mid 160’s type deer.
43A9C635-4BA0-4968-A74E-B25753247565.jpeg

I’ll share my experience in 3rd season unit 70. Lots of deer on the BLM land, and quite a few bucks, mostly small 1-2 year old bucks. Hunted the entire season and saw a few 160-170 type bucks. Easy hunt if you would be happy with a smaller buck. I think there was average snow for that time of year when I had the tag. Found this buck the last day, I saw 2 others that were comparable in size. Mid 160’s type deer. View attachment 4670
Dang nice buck there.
If that’s a mid 160s buck you must be a great trick photographer.
Looks at least mid 170s to me.

Hey thanks for the comments. The buck is pretty well put together, just young I believe. Spindly bugger. 2017.

Hey just drop a pin where you shot him- I need all the details so I can hunt with all the other dudes and dudettes that draw this tag with me!! ?

Dang nice buck there.
If that’s a mid 160s buck you must be a great trick photographer.
Looks at least mid 170s to me.
I think we are just used to people shooting a 160 incher and then saying it’s a 185 “for the gram”. That looks like a 160 to me. Pretty buck.

71 saw the bucks absolutely hammered this past 3rd season. The rut was full swing and there was snow on the ground most of the hunt. Sad sad times for 71.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom