Colorado Mule Deer hunt with 1 nonresident point?

buckhorn

Very Active Member
I’ve been a long time MM contributor and rarely ask for any help but now I need some suggestions.
For 2021 I was going to apply for a muzzleloader deer hunt but the season dates don’t work for me this year.
I’ve been hearing that any unit in Colorado could have good bucks so I’m wondering if there is a decent later season hunt that could be drawn with 1 nonresident point.
I was looking at units 3/301, 11/211 and 72/73 but don’t know much about them.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Private conversations welcome.
Thanks

Look at the Drawn Out At Report for units that were drawn as 2nd choice or left over....likely anything 1st choice requiring zero or 1 pt last year will be unattainable this year.

Look at the Drawn Out At Report for units that were drawn as 2nd choice or left over....likely anything 1st choice requiring zero or 1 pt last year will be unattainable this year.
HuntnProf
I have been spending a lot of time with the draw recap reports. You’re probably right about the hunts taking more points to draw this year.
I was basically looking at the hunts that took zero points last year.
My question is can those those hunts be decent or they a waste of time and money?
Buying that nonresident tag and coming out from Nevada to Hunt Colorado is expensive.
If it’s not likely to get a decent hunt with 1 point and have a good time and possibility of a good buck it wouldn’t be worth it to me.
Thanks

HuntnProf
I have been spending a lot of time with the draw recap reports. You’re probably right about the hunts taking more points to draw this year.
My question is can those those hunts be decent or they a waste of time and money?
Buying that nonresident tag and coming out from Nevada to Hunt Colorado is expensive.
If it’s not likely to get a decent hunt with 1 point and have a good time and possibility of a good buck it wouldn’t be worth it to me.
Thanks
As has been said, dates are later this year so further into the rut so point creep should be more. Pick a unit that took zero pts or second choice. As far as quality of hunt, it’s CO any unit could produce a great buck

HuntnProf
Thanks
What are your expectations for a "decent hunt" and a "good buck"?

What are your expectations for a "decent hunt" and a "good buck"?
Jake thanks for the reply.
I think a decent hunt would be something fun to do and worth the drive from Nevada out to Colorado and the cost of the permit. As far as a good buck I would think my expectations wouldn’t be too high with just one point. 160 would be looking pretty good I think although score wouldn’t really matter.

Jake thanks for the reply.
I think a decent hunt would be something fun to do and worth the drive from Nevada out to Colorado and the cost of the permit. As far as a good buck I would think my expectations wouldn’t be too high with just one point. 160 would be looking pretty good I think although score wouldn’t really matter.
sent you a PM Buck

I’m sitting on 2 points and keep hearing that I should dump them this year because the sky is falling with the later hunt dates... maybe I should start doing a little research.

I’m sitting on 2 points and keep hearing that I should dump them this year because the sky is falling with the later hunt dates... maybe I should start doing a little research.
Just some food for thought but how often does following the herd mentality in anything result in above average results? The whole mule deer hunting world is trying to go to colorado on a later rifle hunt next year.

72/73 would have a chance at 160 but it would be a grind on public. It can happen, numbers are down would archery hunt the unit over a rifle hunt, any day!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom