Colorado Mule Deer Landowner Voucher

Bczech

How much should I expect to pay for a mule deer buck landowner voucher in Colorado in an average quality unit? Not a trophy unit but a unit with average hunter demand.

A rule of thumb I just coined for this year is about $1000 a year for how long it takes to draw it and I think it’s pretty close to accurate.

Yeah, it could vary significantly based on if there is quality huntable private land included in the deal. A 1 point unit with good private included could get several grand. That said I think that if you are simply hunting public unit wide voucher that you will hunt public land with, I think that the $1000 per point required to draw the unit could be accurate

That's steep. If that's the case, just go guided and get the client voucher price for $300-$500. I'm sure they're more now since the world is on fire and up charging everyone is the norm. however, you'll be paying the same cost by the time it's over given the $1k a year rule.

This year is not like past years. The vouchers that are hitting the open market that are unit wide are priced a lot higher than past years. Usually by this time there are quite a few vouchers available, but not this year. It’s going to be a tough year to find a voucher.

Rich

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom