Colorado Muley worth the 25 Points

Humbleman

During the Third Season In Colorado I was fortunate to take the exact kind of buck I was looking for on a very limited public draw. A 6.5 yr old Timber Buck with dark heavy antlers and all the characteristics you look for. The weather was not ideal, but the rut saved me. I meet a couple guys in this forum and another that were critical to my success. I was also fortunate to have the help of several locals in the area. It was a very tough hunt, but extremely rewarding. Very grateful for the help. I hope to pass if forward next year…

8E4DABBB-7634-4654-92F1-2ABDB77D91FF.png

CFFFD8A1-E382-424A-BDF3-18BF77101A11.png

Last edited:
Do you have any better pictures? hard to see with the way it is tipped back.......

Solid buck........which unit was it?

Awesome buck and bonus eye guards!! Congrats!! would love to hear more of the story...The unit I hunted is known to be dependent on snow. It snowed the day before the Third Season. The first couple days I saw several 170 to 180 deer, but as the days progressed I saw fewer deer. I had to get into higher elevations and quakes to get into deer. A Biologist told me the rut peaked around the 15th. Rutting activity was strong. Temps averaged 28 to 48 deg. I got off the side x side and hiked a number of gulches and Ridges. With the moon phase and suggestion of a friend, I started hunting in the middle of the day. At 12:15 High Noon I spotted a doe. My buck was 20 yds behind her. They were in cover and I could only see half of his rack. Seeing that half was good enough for me. I knew he should be a +/- 190 deer. Took the lung/liver shot with a 300 Win Mag Accubond 180 grain. It was devastating. He walked 20 yds and dropped. It was very rewarding to do it DIY, but I had the help of at least a dozen people. I listened to some top Mule Deer Hunters and awesome locals. The guys I spent time with in camp made it even more special.

Last edited:
During the Third Season In Colorado I was fortunate to take the exact kind of buck I was looking for on a very limited public draw. A 6.5 yr old Timber Buck with dark heavy antlers and all the characteristics you look for. The weather was not ideal, but the rut saved me. I meet a couple guys in this forum and another that were critical to my success. I was also fortunate to have the help of several locals in the area. It was a very tough hunt, but extremely rewarding. Very grateful for the help. I hope to pass if forward next year…

View attachment 60198

View attachment 60200
Awesome buck, congrats

Guys can buy a lot of sitka and flat brims for what you old timers dump into side x sides ;)
Dude...I'm 50 so watch who you can an old timer. LOL. Never owned a side by side either....or a lever action 30/30. Or hunted in Wrangers and a plaid shirt. :)

Dude...I'm 50 so watch who you can an old timer. LOL. Never owned a side by side either....or a lever action 30/30. Or hunted in Wrangers and a plaid shirt. :)
You could be a middle aged whippersnapper. I’ll have to go back to my old photos from ‘70s and early ‘80s to see what we were wearing. Probably some plaid shirts and Levi pants. We spent more money on beer than clothes. I don’t have any old pictures from the late 60’s.

You could be a middle aged whippersnapper. I’ll have to go back to my old photos from ‘70s and early ‘80s to see what we were wearing. Probably some plaid shirts and Levi pants. We spent more money on beer than clothes. I don’t have any old pictures from the late 60’s.
You may be right....all I know is that I am def not an old timer. LOL

That's a great buck, but the unfortunate thing about a post like this is, everyone with 25 points is now going to assume that their points will result in the same...and most won't.
Congratulations Humbleman!

View attachment 60198

View attachment 60200
Awesome buck, congrats

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom