colorado muzzleloader deer unit 21/30

time2hunt

Any info would be appreciated prior to the draw deadline. Are the deer there or do they migrate into these units and what class buck is one looking at.
thanks
Brian

If you don't get an answer, you might want to try at "thecoloradohunter.com" The moderator there frequents those areas and used to guide there.
John 14:6

> Any info would be appreciated
>prior to the draw deadline.
>Are the deer there or
>do they migrate into these
>units and what class buck
>is one looking at.
>thanks
>Brian

21 and 30 are way down and are still struggling! Even late in the season when deer typically move into the area. Are there good buck too be found? Yes, but virtually every unit has good bucks! For example the monster CO buck killed last year on a very easy to draw tag. 21 and 30 used to produce a ton of good bucks. Every year there are a couple punching or just into the 200 but I would say anything over 170 would be hard to pass. Not long ago the units were a given for a great hunt, but since 2008 and the ongoing drought cycle that is effecting the area, the size and number of bucks seem to be struggling!

If you do draw, realize that the archery hunters have been at it for a couple weekends. Also realize the Bucks will change patterns big time after they shed velvet!

That being said, it is neat country, a fun hunt and if you do decide to hunt it strongly consider picking up a bear tag as you will likely see a great bear someplace! Maybe more likely seeing a big bear than a big buck!

Have you ever been in 21? If not I would strongly suggest a trip to look it over! If you do come out look me up I would gladly show you around the unit if I am not busy killing something. It can still be a good hunt, but sadly all us fools with a pile of points will not find the hunt quality we dreamed of when we started building!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom