Colorado Newbie

mlycrzy

Very Active Member
Looking to start putting in for deer as a non resident for Colorado. Any suggestions on units to apply for on the western half of the state that wont take years to draw? Muzzy or rifle would be great. Thanks!!

mlycrzy
I wish I knew what to tell you to do. I have 15 pats. and I don't even know what to do. 10 years ago I could have Drawn unit 44/3rd season with five points but the creep got ahead of me and now I will never catch up to that hunt. Have you looked at any second seasons or maybe a high country hunt?

>mlycrzy
> I wish I knew what
>to tell you to do.
>I have 15 pats. and
>I don't even know what
>to do. 10 years ago
>I could have Drawn
>unit 44/3rd season with five
>points but the creep got
>ahead of me and now
>I will never catch up
>to that hunt. Have you
>looked at any second seasons
>or maybe a high country
>hunt?
>

No I haven't! I'm really not too familiar with how the draw works in CO but I understand that the later season hunts (3rd-4th) seasons seem really popular do to the time of year. I'd be willing to try anything honestly. I realize the true ?trophy? units probably take years to draw Iike you're experiencing right now. I was just hoping there were easier to draw units even if it meant hunting with more people and less opportunity at bigger bucks.

You can call a hunt coordinator with the CO game dept to help explain the process and give you some starting points.

They are there to help.

>Looking to start putting in for
>deer as a non resident
>for Colorado. Any suggestions on
>units to apply for on
>the western half of the
>state that wont take years
>to draw? Muzzy or rifle
>would be great. Thanks!!

Do you want to hunt every couple years or hunt every 5-10? I have a few ideas, send me a PM.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom