Colorado non resident 5 points

freu1chr

I have 5 points for deer in Colorado and I can not make up my mind on where to apply looking for some direction if possible on which one would be best. My head is pretty much bleeding from banging it agains the wall. I have looked into unit 62, 70, 42, 43,76 and others as well. I don’t really care to hunt with the rest of the world as far as a lot of hunters in one unit. I know it’s hard to get everything you want with only 5 points but it will probably be my fathers last hunt that he can come along one so I want to make it enjoyable. Thanks

Last edited:
Not being a jerk but I swear every hunting forum with NR asking about units it’s always their father’s last hunt… if it’s about quality time with your dad then any unit will do, they are all beautiful country and all have game animals in them

Not being a jerk but I swear every hunting forum with NR asking about units it’s always their father’s last hunt… if it’s about quality time with your dad then any unit will do, they are all beautiful country and all have game animals in them
I know I kinda hesitated on posting because I notice that myself that’s why I don’t really care about size at all I just am looking for a unit with not many people at all

I hunted 22 3rd season once and had a blast. When I get 5-6 NR points in Colorado, I'm hitting up 22 2nd season. I enjoyed the landscape of that unit and it wasn't difficult to hunt.

76 is definitely going to have the least amount of both deer and elk hunters, but that doesn't mean it is your best choice as there is some rough ground in 76. I think the rest are OTC for elk which can get crazy on numbers of hunters in the field.

Do you and dad have 5 points? Or just you? Pretty sure CO doesn't allow point sharing so you'll be limited to the lowest point total. In other words, if he has 2, you can only draw a 2 point tag.

Whatever you decide, decide quickly. Application period closes April 4th.

Good luck and post pics!

Look at top rut with the points you have and it will give you a breakdown of all 4 seasons. Then follow that up with ONx maps and decide what terrain you like to hunt. Getting to be a little late in the year though for last minute planning. Good luck

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom