Colorado NR Preference Points

Prime_Beef

I have 17 NR deer points. After reviewing the 2014 Preference Point report, it's pretty obvious that I'll NEVER draw any of the top deer hunts (21, 201, 44, etc.) due to point creep. I'll always be one or two short.

I think the only thing to do is cash the points in on a 4th season hunt - if there's any left. Then I'll be (thankfully) done with it!

I think that's what i would do pick the best 4th season Tag you could draw and go Hunt.

I drew a 4th season tag about 6 years ago and it was a great experience.They only gave out 10 tags and i hardly saw any other Hunters while i was out.

Get rid of the idea that 21,201, and 44 are the top units. There are tons of options (muzzy) that will put you in an area with great potential. I would recommend finding a unit that you could elk hunt first, use that time to scout potential.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-12-14 AT 08:08PM (MST)[p]I appreciate the input. I've been agonizing over what the heck to do with these points.

Unfortunately, as far as a muzzleloader hunt goes, the nature of my job severely restricts the amount of time I can take off during the month of September, so I didn't consider it. A long weekend is one thing, but taking a week or 10 days is impossible.

Right now, I'm leaning towards the 4th hunt in 68/681, since I used to live in the SLV, it's fairly close (4 hours) and I still have contacts up there. A unit in SW CO might work, too, like 70 or 711. Close enough to scout without driving 10-12 hours.

I am not sure you are out of the running for 3rd season unit 21. Also, 3rd season 61 and 44, 4th season 70 are all some good choices

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom