Colorado OHV permit

muleyczy

Those of you from Colorado, I just got my OHV permit in the mail. It’s a clear sticker? Is it blue light or something

Sounds like they forgot to give you the permit, they give you a clear sticker that you stick the permit into to attach it to your machine.

still need to get mine. thanks for the reminder.
just an fyi, Colorado said the clear sticker is to act essentially as a piece of tape so you can affix your OHV receipt. They admittedly said it’s not a good process, tends to fall off if/when it gets wet and suggested to just keep it on hand.

I’ve never got a clear sticker and I buy a lot of the damn things. How long has this been going on?

I’ve never got a clear sticker and I buy a lot of the damn things. How long has this been going on?
Idk. I was surprised and thought there was a mistake when I got a clear 5”x5” (approx) sticker. I called the Denver office and ask if there was an error, or had I ordered wrong one. That’s when lady explained process. I have never gotten a Colorado ohv permit prior so I don’t know what they had done previously

When I got mine last year the lady said they had ran out of the stickers to just keep it on the machine. The year before they didn't send one with it in the mail, I think it's fairly new.

Am I reading this right about NR not needing to get an OHV sticker? Seems they would want everyone to to register their OHV’s

Who must register:​

Gray bird, did you make that purchase in person?
I did, I took the title once I got it transferred in my name to our local CPW office. Paid for the OHV permit, received a temp OHV registration to carry with me until the stickers arrived. In the future, I’ll take carry of everything via my CPW profile account.

I’m going to be hunting Colorado and possible taking my quad so I am curious as to what I may need to do. I have always been under the understanding that you have to buy an ohv permit for off-road use but I didn’t know you have to show the title, or is that not the case for nr?

Am I reading this right about NR not needing to get an OHV sticker? Seems they would want everyone to to register their OHV’s

Who must register:​

I’m going to be hunting Colorado and possible taking my quad so I am curious as to what I may need to do. I have always been under the understanding that you have to buy an ohv permit for off-road use but I didn’t know you have to show the title, or is that not the case for nr?
Non residents do not have to register their OHV, but must buy the sticker. It's a little confusing so I called CPW a few minutes ago.

select the "Lands and Trails" option and the left then purchase the $25.25 permit.

Brad,

As a resident, I need to show proof of ownership e.g. title or bill of sale.

Thank you for clarifying that I was worried I didn’t understand the regulations correctly and could have broken the law .

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom