colorado S50

r270

my brother in law drew this unit after putting in for 30 years We have contacted land owner for access and talked to the game warden just wondering if any one had any info to add to the pool.Any info would be wonderful with only 2 tags each year may not be much out there ...Thanks in advance..r270

I doubt you will get much on this forum since most of us are non-residents in CO and can't apply for that unit. At any rate congrats to your b-i-l and best of luck. Any sheep tag is a dream adventure.

Great unit for some Big Rams,I believe you can get access from hwy 160, very STEEP, you can also scout from pullouts along the road, I have seen rams from the road but not on the road.
Congrats to your BIL for drawing an excellent tag.

Getting access through the private land is the first thing you need to check off the list. Sounds like you're set there. It's not a traditional alpine sheep hunt. You're going to be glassing for rams in cuts and in the timber. LOTS of bears in the unit so keep a clean camp if you tent camp. If you decide to hotel it, Walsenburg is close by with everything you need. The hunt is definitely do'able without a guide. I'd go to www.bighornsheep.org (Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society's website) and dig up info on their forum. Should be plenty and folks are generally willing to supply info.

Good luck...great genetics in that unit.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom