Colorado State Trust lands

coyoteslayer

If an area on my ON X says Colorado state trust lands-no public access, does that mean I cannot trespass at all on that area, or there is no way to drive on it? Can I walk in access it from BLM ground? Thank you

For CO state trust lands NOT in the access program you have to treat them like they are privately owned. You cannot hunt on or travel across them by truck or foot unless there is a public road on them.

Within ONX you can see state trust lands that are marked with the no public access note, those are off limits. There is also some that are marked with dots on them and those are open to hunting.

Thanks for the information. Not what I was hoping to hear. So if it has the light blue dots then it is open for hunting? Looking at a state wildlife area with light blue dots on it.

Last edited:

Thanks for the information. Not what I was hoping to hear. So if it has the light blue dots then it is open for hunting? Looking at a state wildlife area with light blue dots on it.
Id there is a specific parcel, I would definitely check the states website to see if it is recently been opened to hunting. Colorado opened a lot of parcels the last 2 years and I am not sure if OnX updates annually or not?

Id there is a specific parcel, I would definitely check the states website to see if it is recently been opened to hunting. Colorado opened a lot of parcels the last 2 years and I am not sure if OnX updates annually or not?

Why i gave him the website. This chit is at our fingertips these days! Not sure some of ya woulda survived 30yrs ago!

It means just what it says NO. PUBLIC ACCESS MEANS no you CANNOT drive, walk, hike, hunt fish park, frolic or recreate on it it's public land that the public is not allowed to access.
Simply calling cpw or, reading the regs, would have answered your question but I guess reading or useing a phone
Requires a, skill set above your iq, level

Last edited:

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom