Colorado Unit 1 Bighorn Sheep

After 22 years I drew a Colorado Unit 1 Bighorn tag. Anyone out there have experience with the unit?

Ted
Doggonnit, Sandcreek, you drew my tag!!! ;) I've been applying for Unit 1 Bighorn a very, very long time and still can't pull this tag!
Best of luck to you on your hunt and let us know how you do. If/when I ever draw this tag I'm gonna try to go w/ Scott Limmer of Comanche Wilderness Outfitters. Unit 1 is his back yard from what I've been told...
Good luck in your research and hunt!!! Hope you get a biggun!

Doggonnit, Sandcreek, you drew my tag!!! ;) I've been applying for Unit 1 Bighorn a very, very long time and still can't pull this tag!
Best of luck to you on your hunt and let us know how you do. If/when I ever draw this tag I'm gonna try to go w/ Scott Limmer of Comanche Wilderness Outfitters. Unit 1 is his back yard from what I've been told...
I'd go with anyone but not Scott Limmer.

There are a couple great Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society events to meet and discuss your hunt with previous hunters.

The first is the annual RMBS Rendevous event. Get signed up quick as it happens next weekend June 10-11

Lucky Sheep and goat tag holders should join us at the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society Sheep and Goat hunter Meet and Greet on July 9.

2022 Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society
Bighorn Sheep and Mountain Goat Hunter Meet & Greet
When
: July 9. 2022. 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Where: 1 Shot Gear, 16190 S Golden Rd Unit A, Golden, CO 80401

Join us for a day of visiting with fellow sheep and goat hunters! Talk strategy, look at your maps, and meet hunters who have drawn this year and in the past! Food trucks will be on site and we will provide free beverages. Bring some cash for a chance at some great raffle prizes.

Please RSVP by completing the form on our website. Include the unit you drew sothat we can make every effort to have someone there with experience.

Hard to beat hanging out with hundreds of experience sheep and goat nuts when you have a tag still with wet ink on it! Come join us.

Kirby
RMBS Board Member and lucky previous holder for 5 Colo sheep/goat tags.

Congratulations, I had the nonresident tag last year!
How did it turn out? And Would you be willing to DM me you contact info so if we have enquiries rom guys with this year’s tag I could sedn them to you for a bit of info?

No question you have a golden ticket Sandcreek!
I also think connecting yourself with the RMBS group is a great idea. There will be more local knowledge floating around at those events than any you will ever get on this or any other forum.
Congratulations and have a ball.

How did it turn out? And Would you be willing to DM me you contact info so if we have enquiries rom guys with this year’s tag I could sedn them to you for a bit of info?
I had a great hunt! The picture on my MM profile is the ram that I got. Fish and Game aged him at 8 years old. If you do a search, you will find additional pics that I posted following my hunt last year. I'd be more than happy to share any info that I can.

I had a great hunt! The picture on my MM profile is the ram that I got. Fish and Game aged him at 8 years old. If you do a search, you will find additional pics that I posted following my hunt last year. I'd be more than happy to share any info that I can.
Great picture of your ram. I like it when people leave the head level. Pictures with the nose straight up in the air look odd to me.

Hello @Rsellers. Glad you enjoyed your hunt with us last year! You had the early S1/S18 license. I'm not sure if the OP has the later season in S1 only (does not include S18) or the early tag you had? I will DM him.

Thanks @songdog! If you draw, we will give you a great hunt. I got S18 added to the S1 hunt back in 1999 when I discovered in 1996 that the S1 rams started summering in S18 instead of S1. Took a few years to convince the biologists but we got it done! I have outfitted/guided dozens of hunts in S1, S18, S19, S21, S32, S33, S34, S37, S40, S48, S51, S53, S57, S58, S61, S73 and S74 since 1995 but S1/18/40/58 are probably my favorites and right out my back door.

I drew the S1/S18 nonresident tag last year. I hunted with Scott Limmer's Comanche Wilderness Outfitters and can say that in my experience he runs a great operation. The crew, the gear, the knowledge, everything. Definitely a solid outfit and I will hunt with them again as soon as I draw my moose tag.

Hello @Rsellers. Glad you enjoyed your hunt with us last year! You had the early S1/S18 license. I'm not sure if the OP has the later season in S1 only (does not include S18) or the early tag you had? I will DM him.
You run a solid operation, everyone and everything was great! I look forward to hunting with you guys again as soon as I can draw another tag.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom