Colorado Unit 22 3rd season help!

grocchi

I burned 13 points for this unit and struggling to find bucks. We been up on the west side high and seen a ton of tracks but can't see any deer, just a few does. I've been low on the East side and have only see 2 small 2 points. Any suggestions or help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

>I burned 13 points for this
>unit and struggling to find
>bucks. We been up
>on the west side high
>and seen a ton of
>tracks but can't see any
>deer, just a few does.
> I've been low on
>the East side and have
>only see 2 small 2
>points. Any suggestions or
>help will be appreciated. Thanks
>in advance.

I have been in the unit for 20+ years. From what I hear this could be the worst year in all those years. No one is finding any. I know 5 guys hunting it and none have found a decent buck...

Just keep grinding and looking over the doe. The rut is slowly starting and a hot doe might pull a big one out of the trees.

You are getting screwed by weather hard. Looking at 60 degrees soon.

Nothing you can do but grind hard. Glass all day and just keep at it...

No secrets as everyone is having the same issues...

Don't blow 13 points on a hunt that you could draw with 9 and wait til the middle of the season to start looking for help?

Appaloosa, is that a statement or a question? Either way your advice is a little late. Haha.

22 is not what it was and just because mr Carter killed a good deer in it doesn't mean you flock like the salmon of San Juan Capistrano.

Keep at it. What other choice do you have? I was on 22 for 1 day 4 years ago so I'm no help.

"That's a special feeling, Lloyd!?

www.s2outdoor.com
www.tojagrid.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY8iBAgry-KrH49Tua4ftbA

I was there last year as well. It does get better every day. Just hang tough and glass, glass, glass. Watch for bucks crossing that divide road from 21 into 22.

>I was there last year as
>well. It does get better
>every day. Just hang tough
>and glass, glass, glass. Watch
>for bucks crossing that divide
>road from 21 into 22.
>
Where are pictures of your buck from last year?

Thanks , we been up there and only seen a few does at the top. I hear by Thursday and Friday it gets better. Someone said they seen some of CR 3 but we did see anything over there

>Thanks , we been up there
>and only seen a few
>does at the top. I
>hear by Thursday and Friday
>it gets better. Someone said
>they seen some of CR
>3 but we did
>see anything over there

Hunt as hard as you can every single day. There is absolutely nothing normal about this year and waiting is a recipe for disaster...

How did you end up doing? I had a tag and we were having a lot of the same problems. The deer seemed to be scattered bad. I would find a few here and there all over the unit. Ended up killing a 27" 4 point with average forks with my wife and kids on the east side on the second to last day. I hope you were able to luck into something?

>
>
>it doesn't mean you flock
>like the salmon of San
>Juan Capistrano.
>

Props.:)

Bluehair
Splitting my time time between the winter and summer range......
May you live long enough to cash in those preference points. Amen

LAST EDITED ON Nov-14-19 AT 08:17PM (MST)[p]https://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2019/1259421c069dcc7445378bc7dbaf0138b547.jpeg

Grocchi I would love to see a picture of your cactus buck. I saw this one during the second season while scouting for the third.

96198a1485ca96cf24430a71fccb33797e563.jpeg

This might be a cactus buck. I saw him during the second season in 22 while I was scouting for the third season. Anyone get him?

>
>
96198a1485ca96cf24430a71fccb33797e563.jpeg

>This might be a cactus buck.
>I saw him during the
>second season in 22 while
>I was scouting for the
>third season. Anyone get him?
>

Thats a sweet buck!

?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos