Colorado unit 43

Zhermens1234

A friend and myself are putting in for the muzzleloader deer season in this unit, it looks to be a 100% draw. We are not looking for anything giant and would both be happy with 150 type bucks. I am wondering if this is reasonable? I have heard alot about how there isn't near as many deer as there used to be and was wondering how the population in general was? Thanks

150 type bucks are doable for sure. Population is down most certainly. The 10 to 20 bucks in a single basin are long over but a guy can still turn a hand full of bucks up if he’s dillegent on the glass and willing to keep moving basins until you can locate them. Be prepared to deal with a lot of yuppies hiking all over hell’s half acre up there in September.

I don’t think you’re asking too much to be hunting 150 bucks. Killing them won’t be easy though with a muzzleloader, but very doable.

150 bucks are available in every unit in Colo. Be prepared for lots of miles with few deer in 43 during muzzy season in the high alpine basins.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom