Colorado Unit 53 3rd Season Mule Deer

joesangimino

Headed to unit 53 in Colorado with a 3rd season muley tag. Anyone hunted that season there before? Any advice? Specific areas or elevations?

Yes, you must hunt at 10,400 feet or above until Nov 8th, then move 1240ft lower +/- for 3 days, then move another 960ft lower after that. Thats where they will be.

I've yet to figure out when/why people came up with the idea that animals are found at certain elevations. I've big bucks in the Basin from treeline to the lake/river at any time of the year.

Good luck on your hunt, you'll need it.

Tons of deer in 53. All the lower country between Crawford and Paonia holds a lot of deer this time of year, bucks should start showing up to visit the does soon.

Yes, you must hunt at 10,400 feet or above until Nov 8th, then move 1240ft lower +/- for 3 days, then move another 960ft lower after that. Thats where they will be.

I've yet to figure out when/why people came up with the idea that animals are found at certain elevations. I've big bucks in the Basin from treeline to the lake/river at any time of the year.

How did your hunt go, I am looking to draw this tag next year. Any info is thoroughly appreciated!

Headed to unit 53 in Colorado with a 3rd season muley tag. Anyone hunted that season there before? Any advice? Specific areas or elevations?
So how was the hunt? I am looking into drawing this tag next season and any info would be much appreciated!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom