Colorado Unit 54 4th season buck!

Dcalhoon40

The infamous Gunnison basin buck tag. My dad has saved his deer points for the last 13 years and decided he wanted to hunt the famous unit 54. Now everybody knows the deer heard isn’t what it was before the winter of 07/08 but he wanted to take he’s chance with the 4th season being so late. Wondering if anybody on this forum was able to hunt the 2021 4th season hunt last year? Although we have made a couple trips up to check out the area just looking for some general knowledge for my pops to help make his 13 year wait a fun hunt.

Thanks!

As far as last year goes the 3rd and 4th season were tough. Warm and zero snow on the ground practically the whole month of November. Few good bucks hit the ground but not in the numbers you would of thought with the how late 4th season was last year. Which in my opinion is good for people holding tags going into this year.

I have a good buddy with a 66 4th and I have a 3rd over in the Basin area so I might be able to keep a guy posted on activity just before and what’s happening around you. Might have to reach out to me, I don’t cruise here much during killin time.

I have a good buddy with a 66 4th and I have a 3rd over in the Basin area so I might be able to keep a guy posted on activity just before and what’s happening around you. Might have to reach out to me, I don’t cruise here much during killin time.
Thanks! As soon as I figure out how to use this site I’ll send you a message.

Thanks man great info!
Oh dang, you’re just an info getter. Post some contributions to the site, let’s offer a little help before asking. Maybe? Probably maybe? Jk I’ll still help ya if I can
lol! I am a newbie to the site and I have shared some info on a couple post I’ve read. I’m getting into it. But I do appreciate the info definitely not here just to take advantage. ?

Its the same as any other unit in that area. If you get the weather, you are going to see lots of deer. If the trend continues the way it has been, have a backup plan of hunting in warm weather. Lol. That area in general is amazing for everything so just be glad to be out and enjoying the mountains. Best of luck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom