Colorado unit 67 4th season!!!

Kwelp45

I did not think I had a chance but I rolled the dice.... I was honestly thinking it would just be another point building year. I Drew with 23pts. Amazing!
I took a 351" elk in Wyoming 62 last year with my Dads old Remington 700 in 300win mag. (he passed away 2 years ago). That same gun will be making the trip to Colorado this Late Fall and hopefully WE can connect on a bruiser. After years of stacking up points, its nice to draw some good tags. Looking forward to the research, planning and the work.
Interested to hear from anyone with experience in and knowledge of the unit.

I guess 2nd and 3rd were in high demand and point creep was huge. All depends on weather. It may sound weird for a 23pp hunter/hunt to say, but I just want to have a good safe hunt. I don't have to shoot the biggest deer in the unit for the hunt to be successful. I hope to see a bunch of bucks, see some beautiful country and put in the work. At the end of the day if I am able to connect on a respectable buck and take it with my Dads 300 win mag (the gun I shot my first whitetail and first elk with, over 30 years ago) I will be more than happy. The "journey" is what matters the most. Looking forward to it all!

9D50BC02-9D24-425A-A4EF-85BE516F1D31.jpeg

Hope to tag a G buck like that next year. Have plenty of points but did to want to do the hunt without looking at the area beforehand. Plan on scouting it out this year after my antelope hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom