Colorado unit 67

970_lly

Hi there everyone. This is my first time posting here, although I've been lurking and reading info for a while. I'm a pretty avid mule deer hunter and this year I drew a unit 67 2nd season tag. I'm not really looking for any info on areas to hunt, I'm mainly just curious as to what type of a buck I could expect with some hard work and knowledge of mule deer. I also have a line on a good deal for a voucher for 66 2nd season, 35/36 3rd season, or 25/26 4th season. I've killed a few deer between 190-200 and I definitely want a decent chance at a 180-200 type deer. Thanks for any input, and any pics of previous kills in these units/seasons would be awesome!

Best of Luck ! I've never hunted there, but you've got some good places picked out overall.
I hope you know that on 8/6 this Tues at 9 AM, surplus tags in Co go on sale on the Net & at CPW Offices? some of those tags you mentioned are on that list which is on the Net already. I'm going to try to snag a couple of them if I can get CPW Personnel to assist me. I'm slow on the keyboard. Help needed !
That's a long long list so you need to look ahead of time & study it. It's got deer, antelope, bear , elk. Several thousand ! Lots of them are Female Tags. Good Hunting !
Jerry Gold
Fort Collins, Co
EM : [email protected]
Text/Cell: 307-772-1623

>Best of Luck ! I've never
>hunted there, but you've got
>some good places picked out
>overall.
>I hope you know that on
>8/6 this Tues at 9
>AM, surplus tags in Co
>go on sale on the
>Net & at CPW Offices?
>some of those tags you
>mentioned are on that list
>which is on the Net
>already. I'm going to try
>to snag a couple of
>them if I can get
>CPW Personnel to assist me.
>I'm slow on the keyboard.
>Help needed !
>That's a long long list so
>you need to look ahead
>of time & study it.
>It's got deer, antelope, bear
>, elk. Several thousand !
>Lots of them are Female
>Tags. Good Hunting !
>Jerry Gold
>Fort Collins, Co
>EM : [email protected]
>Text/Cell: 307-772-1623
Yes sir, we've been in line since yesterday. A buddy and I are trying to get a couple antelope and elk tags, best of luck to you on getting yours.

>I honestly would hunt 66 second
>season over 67 second but
>that's just me...
>
>Coloradoboy
Could I ask why? I was more drawn to 66 due to the fact that I like the terrain a little more being slightly lower, and more private to help get away from people. But I figured 2nd season it?d be best to go with 67 due to varrying/unknown weather and pre-rut/rut activity.

Hi there everyone. This is my first time posting here, although I've been lurking and reading info for a while. I'm a pretty avid mule deer hunter and this year I drew a unit 67 2nd season tag. I'm not really looking for any info on areas to hunt, I'm mainly just curious as to what type of a buck I could expect with some hard work and knowledge of mule deer. I also have a line on a good deal for a voucher for 66 2nd season, 35/36 3rd season, or 25/26 4th season. I've killed a few deer between 190-200 and I definitely want a decent chance at a 180-200 type deer. Thanks for any input, and any pics of previous kills in these units/seasons would be awesome!
How'd your deer hunt turn out last fall. I'm considering applying for the 3rd season tag this fall along with my dad. We never intended to pile up the points that we have and are ready to cash them in.

67 was tough last year. Was there 2nd season and it wasn’t consistent with other years I have hunted it. I got lucky and found a buck on the 8th day. I’m guessing when the hunt success gets published it will be considerably lower than preceding years.
Rich

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom